When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are sales slow or am I asking too much?

tyrantblade

I am kind of thinking I'm asking too much for my watch as I've had nobody expressing interest and only 1 question and I'm already gonna lose a significant amount of money off ($150 (out of $350) or more by the time I ship the watch and PayPal fees get taken) of what I paid because it just randomly stopped working; and I simply do not have funds to pay for getting it fixed.

Watches will always sell when priced right, so if it hasn't sold yet, there's the reason.

Unfortunately, if you're talking about the Omega, you have posted a non-functioning watch for sale. Those are always tough sells, as anyone who can't do the work themselves isn't going to want to take a chance or deal with trying to get it fixed. Limits the pool of buyers.

Watches will always sell when priced right, so if it hasn't sold yet, there's the reason.

Unfortunately, if you're talking about the Omega, you have posted a non-functioning watch for sale. Those are always tough sells, as anyone who can't do the work themselves isn't going to want to take a chance or deal with trying to get it fixed. Limits the pool of buyers.

Well, that is why there are trusted watch repair people on these forums for those that have money to spend to have watches fixed.

I also just dropped it to 200, so between shipping and fees I will lose about $175, and it will not costs that much to get it fixed.

Let me put it to you this way cost $350 now if a guy buys it who can not fix it's 100 to get a watch smith to open take a look see & fix if nothing big but what if movement totally screwed or may be just a screw loose stopping it who knows. Not many rolling the dice on that because>  if it was running fine but used watch it would go for 275-300 (watches lose value once not new), so your best bet is to fix then sell or get lucky and one of our watch smiths picks it up as he can fix no cost for himself.

If that watch had the solid case back (instead of the see-thru) it would be easier to sell it (replacing the whole movement would be cheaper)

But nobody wants a watch with the see-thru case back AND an obviously fake/Asian movement

Edit : Furthermore... it has the black Date Wheel.... it means that the watchsmith has to replace the date wheel on the spare movement (that usually have the white one)

I was only trying to explain why (in my opinion) it's not an easy task to sell that watch...

If you make questions you may get answers that you don't like.

(Don't sell it... wait until you can fix it... it could be easy and cheap... )

I was only trying to explain why (in my opinion) it's not an easy task to sell that watch...

If you make questions you may get answers that you don't like.

(Don't sell it... wait until you can fix it... it could be easy and cheap... )

I know, but to be fair about your criticisms in your last posts, the watch would have been more un-genlike if it didn't have the displayback with the decorated movement; the only "clear giveaway" is the spelling mistake that movement has.

Nonetheless, if it isn't sellable for 150 I will keep it.

Everybody is a critic.

Please update your sales thread accordingly. The general discussion lounge isn’t the place for you to sell your watch or promote your sales thread thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is sold now to a lucky buyer.

Ok but please do not try to do plugging for your sales in a section for non sales discussion in future, hear?
Ignoring me won’t help the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk