When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which 7750 is more reliable?

lorenzo1910

I'm going to buy a Chrono Watch... I'm aware that the 7750 clone with seconds @ 12 is prone to fault/issues

What about the more traditional 6-9-12 or 3-6-9 counters with continous seconds @ 9? (talking about asian 7750 clone of course)

Thank you.

Asian 7750s are always a challenge! 6/9/12 and 3/6/9 are the best layouts. Forget about running seconds at 6 or 12- too much Chinese gearing which is prone to failure. In the old days, Ziggy would service an A7750 and make it reliable, but alas, he's retired. Finding a watchmaker who works on the A7750 would be nice, but I currently don't have one.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for your help...

Maybe I'll pull the trigger for an old style Breitling Chronomat (I've had two gen that had the same issue : hour counter didn't reset to 12... both sold...)

I case of fault I know a man that can fix it with his magic wands... uhm... HANDS... @Legend

:)

4 hours ago, lorenzo1910 said:

Thank you both for your help...

Maybe I'll pull the trigger for an old style Breitling Chronomat (I've had two gen that had the same issue : hour counter didn't reset to 12... both sold...)

I case of fault I know a man that can fix it with his magic wands... uhm... HANDS... @Legend

:)

Haha, these days, the 3-6-9 and 6-9-12 A7750 aren't bad at all after a proper service and cleaning actually. 

Also, one must never forget that the rep chronos, or even gen ones, serve more as dial decorations much than functional timers in these modern times.

As long as you do not engage the chronos too much, the A7750s can be reliable time-keepers and wrist companions.