When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SH3132 movement issue

Pombok

Hey guys, I’m having continued issues with my Explorer 1 (bought m2m) on SH3132 even after I had this serviced.

I’ve got a tiny experience in tear downs, still working and learning, and will open up the Explorer 1 to see what’s up, but thought I’d post some Timegrapher stats to see if some learned smiths can offer some suggestions...

2f991c81967f237c73a12acaf027c4ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The timegraph is primarily to adjust the operation of the balance assy. While a problem elsewhere, such as the drive train, can affect it, it's main job is to adjust the balance so it operates equally in both directions. The amplitude is the distance the balance wheel travels to the right and the left. For example if amplitude is 250 degrees, that will be 125 degrees to the right and 125 degrees to the left from center If the beat error is 0.0. The speed is obvious. If the hairspring is dirty, or has a micro piece of lint it will appear like in your picture. Also if the movement is not secure it will allow the machine to pick up the vibrations. Your pic shows the hairspring vibrating as it turns. It may be shuddering when it stops also. This is what I would do. Remove the balance assy. Make sure the hairspring is secure in the levers. Look for any lint or dirt. Dip the balance assy, blow it dry gently with your blue bulb. Reinstall the assy, be sure the screw in the bidge is tight and ck it again. Good luck

Is the Watch not keeping time? I have a 2824 that shows crazy readings a lot like that..... then I sat the time on it, put it on winder and checked the time every 72hrs and to my surprise it’s keeping time within about 12 sec day compared to my iPad, so that is acceptable by any standard.

I guess what I am trying to say is timegraph reading will and can drive you crazy at times! 

Edited by gwt