When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Changing RWG

Admin

Diesel like it or not the sales board drives clicks I think it is very safe to say we of all the boards are modding focused . We get chided about it elsewhere as we are more quiet busy getting parts, researching and learning so again I think we are pretty safe there.

PS Toro ,

Any of us can edit your area just PM somebody and it will get done. Take a look at all the dealers watches, parts , straps etc and how many there are. We can not keep track of it too many of you guys how could we, think about it if we are not looking at one of your sites to buy something we will not know. I hope this makes sense to you and our members but our policy of dealers being responsible on updating their site changes (or contacting us to do so) is the most efficient way to do it.

On 25/1/2018 at 9:41 AM, Admin said:

You still get this? I am using chrome as my main browser and I have no issues. Any other Crhome-users out there with this problem?

Same here... ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH  (Chrome/XP SP3)

On 1/25/2018 at 12:01 AM, jackflash said:

For me the decline and drop-off appears to have started with the introduction of the re-designed sales section. As posted earlier, the older version was a much better user experience. Can we get it back?

I think you may be on to  something here.  

Updates to the TD section with current contact info 

more activity from the members.   I’m guilty of this as well.  I’ll go to the other forums to browse m2m, learn about whats new coming out etc etc.   then come back here and chill 

How do we get the TD’s more involved?some of the TD’s are more active on the other boards, with interactions and feedback on future releases

Fix m2m.  (Old way was better)

• Like 2

Well I guess everybody would like to go back to our old sales section that is pretty unanimous.

Now as to dealer activity it is because of who we are, a lot less one watch wonders here we mod a lot, get parts etc, so our core guys buy watches but not in great numbers. (we are busy modding) Now if you are a dealer w/ limited time where you going to post this new stuff here or over by the one hit wonders boards who do not know shit, think about it. You know the dealers always complain about noobs but our guys are no picnic, we know our movements, case sets and dials that can be a real PIA also when the factory puts out pretty much what they please. Tf you come here to chill with the big boys many have been at it for years with many many watches we tend not to jump at the new V whatever (been there done that)so again less to made dealing with old timers like we have here.

Having been really busy for a while I'm just looking back at the forums this week, looking at this site with a 'new pair of eyes' as it were I'd have to agree the sales section is definitely one of the issues! It used to be very easy to navigate and simple to post onto, it certainly helps keep people on the forum and coming back here too! I remember sales threads getting picked up on here from all the other forums and shared because we had some of the best builds going at the time :inverted:

There hasn't been that many Super reps I've heard of coming out in the last 12-18 mths either but to be honest I haven't really been checking any of the forums for info so how am I gonna know...................... :partytime:   

Good to see some friendly faces still here too :) 

• Like 1

Guys just received another PM asking where to renew/get a VIP so maybe change the symbol for that (shopping cart top of home page by the way) for long time guys in a new place and for new guys well hard to find.

LINK:

https://rwg.cc/store/

Our VIPs are very reasonable (take a look only 15 USDs for 6 months!) and considering the vast amount of knowledge here and the time we all spend well worth it, so support RWG and follow the link!

Ok. So let me just ask; Would it be better to have just the classifieds-section? if we remove the cross-postings this makes into the sales forums? That way all sales would be moved to the classified section and sales forums would be removed from the main form? Or would this make the sale section disappear even more? I kinda like the classifieds idea, as it provides a good interface for sale adverts, but if people like the old format with just posting a "For sale"-threads better, I will of course have to consider bringing this back and remove the entire classifieds area

• Like 1

Just post in the thread. The easier the better.

I haven’t looked at a for sale watch nor listed one since the change. And I’ve bought and sold quite a few here. It hurts sellers and hurts buyers from missing out on a watch they’d have possibly sold/purchased on RWG.

Make it easy and they will come.

• Like 1

Ok. So let me just ask; Would it be better to have just the classifieds-section? if we remove the cross-postings this makes into the sales forums? That way all sales would be moved to the classified section and sales forums would be removed from the main form? Or would this make the sale section disappear even more? I kinda like the classifieds idea, as it provides a good interface for sale adverts, but if people like the old format with just posting a "For sale"-threads better, I will of course have to consider bringing this back and remove the entire classifieds area

Go back to the old format. The Classified section doesn’t cut it. It’s a really poor UX/UI.