When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What can I do to make this watch looks better?

lorenzo1910

Hello all,

today I realized that Mary has some "vintage" Oyster Perpetual for sale... I love the old version (36mm,plain bezel, Oyster bracelet,date...) but this watch reminds me the early clones with his veeeery small date window...

Here's the link... http://marywatch.net/goods.php?id=1259

How can I fix this flaw? (A flaw for my taste, of course)

The glass is plexi... maybe a gen glass would do the trick? Will it fit?

What about a date wheel overlay?

Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Edited by lorenzo1910
Mistype

My guess is that the date window is too far to the right in what is referred to as the eta position. To correct it, you would have to buy a 1500 Date dial and get a good datewheel overlay and that might fix the problem. You might have to get another plastic crystal also- can't remember which Tropic goes on a 1500 Date. 

LOL, I just realized the bracelet has the 571 end pieces which are correct for the Daytonas, only they're upside down- too bad. This watch is probably 34mm which is what the Rolex Date is.

But it's not a bad price for the watch and might be a good start if you are up for the mods required, or you could just wear it as is. You could also buy a dial from Yuki and hands and make it an Explorer fairly easily- maybe a T-12 would fit which is the crystal w/o a cyclops. I had a similar watch from Silix 12 years ago and made it into an Explorer- that was back in the days when the watches came with Swiss etas and cost around $139.

6 hours ago, alligoat said:

I just realized the bracelet has the 571 end pieces which are correct for the Daytonas

Wow... I was sure that members here have knowledge but...to recognize even the endpieces... hat off mate!

The watch should be 36mm (at least is stated as 36)... but I think to give up since I just bought an Explorer I (at this point to turn it into an Explorer is useless...)

Many thanks for your help!

You never know with these reps, but the bracelet says 19mm on it which would make the case lugs 19mm - which is typical of the 34 mm cases.

This is the 34-35mm Oysterdate watch I got from Silix 12 years ago- it was a nice case- a good copy of the 6694 Oysterdate

http://www.silix-prime.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_158_228&products_id=1855&zenid=2ck264tabmshfrqq3hg7jnd676

For the price, the marywatch doesn't look like a bad gamble. Silix also has some nice simple DJs in the same price range.