When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need a good dealer for 904L Rolex

Luis23

Question

Good evening everyone, 

i wanted to ask if you guys can recommend me a good seller/dealer that sells Rolex in 904L steel. I also wanted to ask if the quality of movement are good on these? If you have a Rolex in 904L share your thoughts and pictures. 

4 answers to this question

I Can't say anything about the 904L (I think that there are none on the rep market... But I can't tell the difference between 316L and 904L)

Usually the simpler movements are reliable (no GMT, no chrono, etc.) but I would stick with 2824/2836 clone and the Miyotas. I also have some infamous 2813 that are working just fine... maybe I've been lucky.

If you are going for complications.... well is what you will get (in my language complications = complicazioni means "Troubles" "Issues"...)

This is one of the annoying things that Rolex does in my opinion.  They want to always try to make their watches exclusive but at this point, they are only doing it to make them exclusive, not for functionality or practicality.

For example, they added the ugly "Rolex" all around the inside of their watch faces and it's tacky and unnecessary.   They also now make their watches 904 which is highly unnecessary.   My 304 stainless watch is in salt water, chlorine, and humidity almost every day and shows zero problems with corrosion. A better product to me would be to make things more functional.  No wonder a submariner is so overpriced today then they were in the 1960's, they are adding a bunch of bullcrap to them.

• Like 1