When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An unusual watch servicing review - Legend

solitudex

RevueThommen-1.thumb.jpg.253035c634e260cb19e1851c8c0562eb.jpg

This is a genuine Revue Thommen Quantième moonphase timepiece, my very first serious timepiece which I have procured in the grey market more than a year ago. It had arrived DOA, and after sending it back to the the grey seller and Swiss manufacturer for repairs (the latter being a regrettably costly move), the watch came back still broken! As such, it had sat in my dry cabinet for more than a year while I acquired several other timepieces along the way, mostly genuine and vintage watches. 

It might have been fitting to have had this review in the proper WUS forum, but I had gotten to know @Legend through the replica forums, and for the edification of the replica community, I decided that this review shall be planted here.

I had gotten to know @Legend through another local modder aflop. In our initial casual conversations on our watches, I had mentioned about this broken watch and he had graciously offered to take a look at it. Nothing to lose, I had calculated mentally, when even the manufacturer couldn't fix it for me

RevueThommen-4.thumb.jpg.3981d9ac5aaa332ca25a691105244e22.jpg

To cut the long story short, @Legend took the watch, and fixed it before I could even request an update from him. Sheer insanity. He gave me a rundown of how the watch works (an ETA 2824-2 base movement with a Dubois-Depraz 9310 module, and how intricate a repair it was, given the setup of the watch. He sent me off with a charge that I ought to be extremely delicate with this watch, lest the module and parts break once more under my care this time.

I have adjusted the time, day, date, and moonphase over this time back in my care, and all of them work as they should. That is some pretty impressive work by our very own admin and modder in the replica watch communities. I had thrown him a curveball and he has dealt with it with an unmistakable elegance and finesse. 

Over the course of our continued interactions, @Legend has revealed that he could deal with any repair or mods under the sun. Movement servicing, platinum paint mods and SEL mods (for your subs, DSSDs etc.), waterproofing, datewheel mods (for your 7750 3-6-9 chronos), AR works, just to name a few common ones we in the replica community need. Admittedly, he is not the most humble person, but the important fact is that he could certainly back up his statements with the first class calibre of his work, with me being a direct beneficiary of it.

RevueThommen-7.thumb.jpg.34f6d07fcc65a2f64a88ffbaa96a66c4.jpg

I would highly commend his services and offerings to all without reservations, whether it be for a replica or genuine timepiece. If you're based in Asia, there shouldn't be any reason not to look for him. That said, if you are based on the other side of the world with no reliable local watchsmiths (I'm looking at you, our American friends), it would do you good to consider @Legend to service your timepieces.

Thank you once again, Al.

RevueThommen-2.thumb.jpg.8e793d5c69e589c4847d5b1cb8baa631.jpg

Edited by solitudex
  • Like 3

Our @Legend is a gentleman and a scholar. I’m not surprised about his ability but am with the way that the OEM treated you.

Oh, BTW look out for Legend in the next Avengers movie where he goes around smashing poor workmanship, rescuing kittens and enlightening maidens. 

• Like 2

Thank you J for the superlatively kind review. 

Basically, the one thing that was done "the extra mile" for you, was the turnaround time for service, as you paid for a service and repair of the watch movement and the service and repair was duly provided as per my obligation. 

I do admit that my manner of communication could be cavalier, capricious or mercurial at times, but I wish to assure you (and anyone else reading this) that it will not compromise the level of work performed on the watch. Even if we disagree heatedly and start castigating each other on texts, PMs or verbally, the watch will be treated respectfully and worked on to the best of my ability. 

I do acknowledge that I am sometimes not the easiest person to work with, and I am grateful for your long-suffering patience. A virtue I am perhaps unqualified to benefit from, but did so anyway. I appreciate you taking the time to put forth such a detailed and honest review, and understand that not all aspects of your experience with me can be put into effable terms. Thank you for taking the time to condense the entire gamut of how you feel, elegantly into a review which is mostly positive. I do regret the contentious and disagreeable bits in our dealing, which you had thoughtfully and magnanimously chosen to omit.
I guess that at the end of the day, a fighter seeks to win others, and a gentleman seeks to win others over. I am glad that you have patiently and graciously proven yourself to be the latter J. 

@solitudex, @kinkinza 

• Like 5