When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ivan Dials

Rirash

RWG Community, I have an original Rolex Ref. 6538, however, dial is a pretty bad reprint. Read Ivan dials are the best, but cannot locate contact info via google search or this forum or other forums. Given real dials are hard to find, and, are north of 15k, looking to contact Ivan. Can some please provide guidance on contacting Ivan. Appreciate the time. 

Anyone know who has the best Sub?

As a Newbie question this one at least was refreshingly different. Unfortunately the only way to contact Voldemort is to be a known member of the community for several years, get a solid reputation and build contacts, then if you are really, really lucky someone just might vouch for you. These are not our rules, these are his and he is in a position to dictate pretty much any terms of business he wishes.

Where does that leave you? Well I would settle for a Vietnamese dial for the time being.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, All, I was able to make contact with the DarkLord and he is making me a 2 line gilt dial. DarkLord is also making a set of lollipop gilt hands so that the patina matches. Good communication and did not need a referral after all. 

Edited by Rirash
Typo

22 hours ago, Rirash said:

Hi, All, I was able to make contact with the DarkLord and he is making me a 2 line gilt dial. DarkLord is also making a set of lollipop gilt hands so that the patina matches. Good communication and did not need a referral after all. 

Did you supply genuine dial or did he?

Also... care to share the costs for others to know (combined aproximate cost)

I'm guessing it's for a 6536/6538?

"Rule #1 you don't talk about the Dark Lord. 

Rule #2 you can't reach the Dark Lord.

Rule #3 don't mention his name 3 times in one post."

This guy is making super good dials, knows someone who does, or he is going through what he has access to and picking out the best examples.

That...or TTK is back from the Hereafter and selling dials.  

I've had a few 'refinished' dials...

'Paul' sold me some dials (1680, 'COMEX' 5514 etc) for $10USD each.  Not real good but well worth the $$.  No 'Singer' dial plates.

Bought a dozen or so from Yuki over the years.  Around $120 each and most were pretty good...6 or 7 on a 10 scale. 

Got 3 or 4 from IG44 for about $130 each (can not remember exact price), and they were a little better than Yuki.

Have 3 or 4 'Phong' dials and they are pretty good too.  Bought them from members at good prices.

None are on 'original' Singer dial plates although some have Singer stamped on the back.

The secret to a good dial is a scratched up crystal or a long sleeve shirt.   :pimp:

When I had him make my dial I waited 2 years for him to find a genuine plate. It's not like people are throwing away vintage Rolexes just to recover their dials for reuse.

On 21/03/2018 at 9:27 AM, Rirash said:

He's still around mostly buying diamonds now instead of Rolex ;)

Would love to see the result and would you mind sharing with us the price you paid for you dial, I'm thinking myself ordering a few dials to him?

• 1 month later...

“I had a dream!”

Could be wrong, but that is my guess. Like all forum Mods I know f all, but my best guess is the Dark Lord has a nice business  at the moment that has nothing to do with reps but might involve someone I know...... or not

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 3:48 AM, Rirash said:

Sure I will post. Should be another 2-3 weeks. 

Hello?  Rirash?  It's been 7 weeks.

But who's counting?  In my case it was  two years  and I figured I was lucky.

And again the Dark Lord slips into the realm of the inexplicable.