When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP or ARF for Daytona

Luis23

no contest, go for the ARF. Not just because of the 904 construction, but also because of the quality and details.

@lorenzo1910the movement is essentially a modified A7750 sec@6, but with the chrono function disabled partially (gears and part of movement removed) to achieve the gen like thinness. This also gives it better reliability (ok less so than the A7750 sec@9 but more than the traditional A7750 sec@6). What I did was to have the movement overhauled and install a swiss mainspring into my ARF daytona and bingo, we seem to have a winner in movement reliability (so far!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think many people use the chrono anyway and no one is gonna ask you to use it so if your not going to use it then go for ARF (I don't know if the BP has working chrono but ARF is the best looking and closest to gen)

Cheers
Freddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Thanks!! I heard BP has fully working chrono but the size is different 

If you really take time to think about the matter, I think it’s only ignorant amateurs who leave their chronos running haha. The rest of us generally wear our chrono watches (gen or rep) without engaging the chronos.
The quality and finish on the ARF models are generally a lot better. Watches these days are more for adornment than functionality. And chronos are part of the functionality of a watch.
We have our phones to tell a more accurate time and of course most of us have timers on our phones as well.
The “working chrono” bit is essential for some but I couldn’t care less about it. @blackboxes may like to chime in here as well, being well acquainted with ARF daytonas himself. ;)

• Like 1

Like@legend says it's definitely the ARF over the other factories right now If we ask ourselves how often we even activate the chrono function in our gens I think the answer is relatively clear... but it differs from individual to individual.

Personally I'm crazy happy with my ARF build and could hope for nothing more

• Like 2

Like[mention=39943]legend[/mention] says it's definitely the ARF over the other factories right now If we ask ourselves how often we even activate the chrono function in our gens I think the answer is relatively clear... but it differs from individual to individual.

Personally I'm crazy happy with my ARF build and could hope for nothing more

Yes especially when the ARF in your case stands for Authentic Rolex Factory brother haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaydenM said:

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but what doe ARF stand for?

ARF it´s the ¨name¨ of the factory. Probably A. and R. are the inicial letters from the first, last names of the founder. This is something recent from these latest two years when suddenly so many factories made same/similar models, that somehow we have to distinguish them and in the beginning was v1, v2, v3, but the orders were quite misleading as the latest v was not necessarily the best, and each month there was a new v, there were factories which were already had a kind of name or nickname, for example the Noob factory, which got the name from making beginner or noob watches formerly, than they started the top quality ones, and now we have these similar sounding ¨names¨ which are strange to us, but at least easier to distinguish

Currently there are about 25 high end factories and not sure who makes up their names...

On 2/2/2018 at 7:47 PM, ziax said:

I don't think many people use the chrono anyway and no one is gonna ask you to use it so if your not going to use it then go for ARF (I don't know if the BP has working chrono but ARF is the best looking and closest to gen)

I am sure no one uses chrono, because it´s more like a decoration, even for the gen, it´s like the 5th button up on your blazer, it´s there, but you never use it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, torobravo said:

ARF it´s the ¨name¨ of the factory. Probably A. and R. are the inicial letters from the first, last names of the founder. This is something recent from these latest two years when suddenly so many factories made same/similar models, that somehow we have to distinguish them and in the beginning was v1, v2, v3, but the orders were quite misleading as the latest v was not necessarily the best, and each month there was a new v, there were factories which were already had a kind of name or nickname, for example the Noob factory, which got the name from making beginner or noob watches formerly, than they started the top quality ones, and now we have these similar sounding ¨names¨ which are strange to us, but at least easier to distinguish

Currently there are about 25 high end factories and not sure who makes up their names...

Thanks mate, hadn't seen the name pop up before.

• 3 weeks later...
Rumour is after 2018 CNY by Noob, but is only been 6 yrs! I personally don't use the chronos and I own the gen.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yes I own a couple chrono watches and rarely use the chrono function.