When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from Singapore! Any Singaporeans about???

ceilistor

On 2/10/2018 at 10:18 AM, ceilistor said:

Hi guys!!! New to reps in general.

Any Singaporeans about? Bought a navitimer rep and expecting it any time now. Want to service it, so any recs for good affordable watchsmiths/modders would be great!!!

Welcome to RWG. A few things please:

1. I am based in Singapore. I am also a fire-breathing dragon at times. 

2. @kinkinza is not a "bro".

3. @solitudex is a "bro", and based in Singapore too. You guys share the same.. taste for watches I see. Navitimer: something I cannot unsee once seen lol.

Lastly, enjoy yourselves, and remember that if and when you do PM me (you will once solitudex comes into the picture), having good manners is the way to go forward. ;)

• Like 1

Welcome and it's a delight to have you with us.

And it's nice to hear that you share an uncommon penchant for the iconic Navitimer too.

And yes, we usually send our watches, both gen and reps, to Legend for servicings and mods. You can trust him with your watches to be sure.

Have a great time exploring and learning here!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

[mention=81620]kinkinza[/mention] I have just also taken the opportunity to decide that I will put a 20% premium on servicing or modifying Breitlings. They go toward the sacrifice of my ocular health. 

The legend has it that you could service watches blindfolded. That's one way you could certainly maintain your sanity when working on Navitimers!

And well, not all Breitlings have such convoluted dials!

The legend has it that you could service watches blindfolded. That's one way you could certainly maintain your sanity when working on Navitimers!

And well, not all Breitlings have such convoluted dials!

The legend is mostly true, except that said service was limited to the removal of the caseback. I’m still trying to progress beyond that the blindfold is in place.
Navitimers are the second best looking watches in the world J, with the rest of the watches being #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@kinkinza sorry for assuming you are a guy, from my experience girls don't usually like or care for watches in general!! Thanks for the welcome!!!

@Legend thanks for the welcome Legend!! Please don't shoot fire at me, I promise I will be good!!!

@solitudex thanks for the welcome!! So great to find a buddy that loves the navitimer too! Sophisticated and elegant dial, it's a top watch pal!!! Do you own one too???

[mention=77733]solitudex[/mention] thanks for the welcome!! So great to find a buddy that loves the navitimer too! Sophisticated and elegant dial, it's a top watch pal!!! Do you own one too???

Sophisticated elephant is right. Oh you said sophisticated and elegant. Sorry my bad lol

[mention=77733]solitudex[/mention] thanks for the welcome!! So great to find a buddy that loves the navitimer too! Sophisticated and elegant dial, it's a top watch pal!!! Do you own one too???

My pleasure! Yes, I do own the Navitimer 01 rep currently. Might be splitting hairs here, but I wouldn't say I love the Navitimer, but it's more of an admiration for the history and heritage of the brand and model.

And with its most distinctive aesthetics, it's a polarising watch. One either likes it or hates it. Rarely will you find someone who sits on the fence when it comes to the Navitimer.

My pleasure! Yes, I do own the Navitimer 01 rep currently. Might be splitting hairs here, but I wouldn't say I love the Navitimer, but it's more of an admiration for the history and heritage of the brand and model.

And with its most distinctive aesthetics, it's a polarising watch. One either likes it or hates it. Rarely will you find someone who sits on the fence when it comes to the Navitimer.

I think you’re right one either likes it or hates it. Looking at the dial is a little like surgery without anesthetic to me. The pain can be rather unbearable.

1 hour ago, ceilistor said:

@kinkinza sorry for assuming you are a guy, from my experience girls don't usually like or care for watches in general!! Thanks for the welcome!!!

No worries, one doesn't need a Y chromosome to appreciate watches and the finer mechanics within :) 

I prefer clean, simple dials, and have to admit that I can't quite appreciate the busy dial that the Navitimer has - I'm sure @solitudex will share his knowledge on his Navitimer with you should you be interested. Additionally, the Breitling brand forum on RWG might be the place to find more kindred spirits where the Navitimer is concerned.

Have a great time learning and enjoying this hobby!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hi fellow s'poreans! I thought I'll latch on to this thread for intro rather than create a new one. I've been reading a fair bit in a sister forum and just joined this one because there are you guys here 😃

I haven't bought any reps yet. It'll be cool for you guys to share your wrist shots here too.

I wear this daily now, less the times when I ride because I don't want horse slob on the leather. BUT how do you guys manage a few watches when we normally only wear 1 watch? I find it extremely hard to decide if I had more than 1 watch. hahaha

sarw013_6.jpg

10 minutes ago, liuwh said:

Hi Guys i am wondering if you have any views on the current Rolex market where it is hard to get any decent pieces?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No it is not at all hard, it is very simple. Spend a couple of evenings reading a few threads here on watches you are interested in so you can decide for yourself which model and which factory you want to buy. Select a Trusted Dealer

https://rwg.cc/forum/230-watches-clothing-parts-accessories/

Order and pay for the watch and sit back and wait for delivery 

• Like 1