When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any tips on how to vintagize PAM3646 dial and hands ?

themannier

Hi everyone !

I was looking for a good topic/tutorial about the differents mods on a 3646 dial but i am not able to find something interesting :huh:

I should get a 3646 case set from River soon with a RADIOMIR PANERAI dial and gold hands and i want to age them a bit...

I have heard that coffee will give a patina effect on the hands, is it a good option ?

Don't hesitate if you have any ideas or good methods for this kind of work, i am open :)

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.dfda7d9164e23506fe6aca6f21d15837.jpg

3646.thumb.jpg.8cf08ad5275e245ff038eca21a52d5a6.jpg

DSCN0966_zps26a4871e.thumb.jpg.363b1da193f47ea6b6722d56ad1232a9.jpg

17 minutes ago, bobandshawn said:

Join homageforum.com. They are very PAM oriented and have all those answers...

B

Thanks mate but unfortunately i am not able anymore to log in the homage forum anymore....I have tried everything i could, but no way ! :huh:

Hi dear JB
I think our friend Boband... is right to direct you to HF forum ... I'm active there too and I can tell you that you can have all the info you need.
Alternatively I suggest you to see this site.
The explanations are well done and you can find all the parts you need.

http://www.vintagewatchparts.co.uk/wordpress/

cheers from Sardinia Island.

If you want a great dial for your build contact bigwaved as gmg_3 suggested. He's a member on rwi and here too I think if you can't reach out to him at HF. It will bring your build to another level.

If you want to mod that dial you will have to separate the two layers, relume the bottom layer in a yellower color, eventually adding stains with a darker color or coffe or else. I would leave the top layer as is unless you're familiar with spray painting.

Regarding hands, remove the top.coating with some fine sandpaper then place them in a closed recipient with a boiled egg. Smash the egg and cover the recipient. Leave them for an hour or two. Once done stain the lume with some coffee or tea or relume. That's the easiest way.

6 hours ago, Buddhabar said:

Hi dear JB
I think our friend Boband... is right to direct you to HF forum ... I'm active there too and I can tell you that you can have all the info you need.
Alternatively I suggest you to see this site.
The explanations are well done and you can find all the parts you need.

http://www.vintagewatchparts.co.uk/wordpress/

cheers from Sardinia Island.

Thank you my friend, Will have a look asap !

6 hours ago, kilowattore said:

If you want a great dial for your build contact bigwaved as gmg_3 suggested. He's a member on rwi and here too I think if you can't reach out to him at HF. It will bring your build to another level.

If you want to mod that dial you will have to separate the two layers, relume the bottom layer in a yellower color, eventually adding stains with a darker color or coffe or else. I would leave the top layer as is unless you're familiar with spray painting.

Regarding hands, remove the top.coating with some fine sandpaper then place them in a closed recipient with a boiled egg. Smash the egg and cover the recipient. Leave them for an hour or two. Once done stain the lume with some coffee or tea or relume. That's the easiest way.

Thanks for the help mate, very informative ! 

3 hours ago, Buddhabar said:

...JB...

Very cool and very this 3646.

Congrats for new entry.

If the kit from River is not need...let me know please.

Thanks my friend ! :)

The case kit is on my wrist, it's what you see on my pictures. ...if i am not mistaken that you are talking well about the case kit ?

2 hours ago, kilowattore said:

Nice result, well done!

Thank you bro' !

1 hour ago, themannier said:

Thanks my friend ! :)

The case kit is on my wrist, it's what you see on my pictures. ...if i am not mistaken that you are talking well about the case kit ?

Thank you bro' !

I ... I'm sorry. Maybe I explained myself wrong.
I thought the watch was another piece.
I see instead work completed. I have to congratulate you on the result. Really amazing.
Good Jean Baptiste!!!! :clap2:

p.s. the hands are different about first pics. 

Edited by Buddhabar

13 minutes ago, Buddhabar said:

I ... I'm sorry. Maybe I explained myself wrong.
I thought the watch was another piece.
I see instead work completed. I have to congratulate you on the result. Really amazing.
Good Jean Baptiste!!!! :clap2:

p.s. the hands are different about first pics. 

Thank you Luigi, lol ;)

I thought River sent another gold hands set, but this one is fine... i received the watch built with a cali dial and with blue hands.

The Radiomir Panerai dial and gold hands was bought as extra parts.

I just had to open the watch, and after aging the dial and hands i rebuilt it. ...need to say that this case set  is so easy to  assemble :clown:

8 minutes ago, Buddhabar said:

Great job JB mate. :inverted:

The charm that manages to give the vintage Panerai is not discussed.
The friend Kilowattore who answered you by providing valuable is an expert in vintage Panerai build.

Cheers

You're right Luigi, nothing beats these vintage pam with this kind of "aging mods" :inverted:

I know Kilowattore is indeed a vintage pam expert, and i am  tremendous honored he appreciates my work also !

Another picture...just need to find a nice vintage strap now !

20180217_212418.thumb.jpg.1e21117e3bdc33520a0318527c4b59cc.jpg