When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best TD for Rolex Datejust

talkingshadow

Question

Hi folks,

just thinking of buying a Rolex Datejust 41 mm in plain steel without all the fancy (diamonds etc). Need advice on two aspects.

1. Who do you recommend as having the best replicas for Rolex Datejust. I heard about Noobs etc?

2. I believe most have a power reserve of approx 30 hours. Any replicas out there having a higher power reserve. if not, how can it be further enhanced.

Thanks for any insightful inputs. This will be appreciated in way of along term investment.

Cheers

2 answers to this question

Hello

Go to any dealer website and check out the datejusts and see which you like. The different factories often produce different reps and each will have its own merits and minuses. It is mostly up to you what you can accept and what you cannot.

For the movements, it is generally true that most of them come with dirt and are poorly oiled and in need of cleaning and service. The power reserve is just one aspect of movement health and yes it’s possible to get the movement serviced in order to improve the power reserve (mostly through reduction of gear friction or a better mainspring) if that is important to you. Depending on where you’re based, we have guys like@ssteel and@misiekped who can help you regarding this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1