When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How long does SA3135 Movement last

ziax

Hi everyone I've been doing some research on the Asia Clone SA3135 Movement and seen people have had them working for around 6 months and some for a few days is it a gamble with the Movement or are they just not a good movement I heard that if you get them serviced they can last but how many times would I have to get it serviced like every couple of months as I'm going to purchase a watch that I want to keep for a while well for about a year to be honest, i don't know if that's a long time for other people to have a watch but that's a long time for me as I like to switch it up a little.

I really look forward to your replies any experienced Asia Clone SA3135 owners are welcome

Cheers

Freddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one can give you a definitive answer.  It could last 5 years or 5 days without a service.    If you are concerned and want to keep for a long time, spend a little extra money and get it serviced 

Ok thanks mate I will get it serviced as soon as I get it I think I'll ask if Jonny depp can do it from RWI I heard he's good with watches

Thanks
Freddie

I have a SA3135 in a Sub HULK, its just 8 weeks old and the "Driving Wheel for Ratchet Wheel" (part:510) has failed. the teeth are worn down on one side :-(

Can anyone help with this part?  Or does anyone know if the original rolex part 510 will fit this asian clone movement.  I can buy the original part here in the uk easily.

Thanks.

I have a SA3135 in a Sub HULK, its just 8 weeks old and the "Driving Wheel for Ratchet Wheel" (part:510) has failed. the teeth are worn down on one side :-(

Can anyone help with this part?  Or does anyone know if the original rolex part 510 will fit this asian clone movement.  I can buy the original part here in the uk easily.

Thanks.

Wow 8 weeks old did you get it serviced ?

I'm worried now about buying a watch with a SA3135 movement but I got told that if it goes wrong it can always be fixed by a watch Repairer/modder on here but I have know idea how much it will cost but I heard Jonny/Johnny Depp on RWI is a good modder (Read up on reviews on him before sending your watch to make sure your happy with using him) but there's a few other modders on the forums as well

I am a watchmaker, no I didn't service it, it wouldn't of made any difference to this area.  Poor tolerances are the problem and possibly a failing Reversing Wheel 540.

I've only just started using these SA3135 instead of the ETA2836.  I'm disappointed it's failed this quickly. 

I note the Reversing Wheels 540 (2x) in this SA3135 aren't like the originals or the ones I've seen in the Yuki 3135.  They do not come apart and do not look the same on the underside, you cannot see the ratchet.  I bet these are the problem.   Someone has cut corners again and served up rubbish!!

The SH3135 is the equivalent of the Yuki, and the much better option as it will also take more genuine parts to repair and/or make it better.

Although it could take gen dial and hands and somewhat resembled one, the SA3135 was not IMO as good of a clone of the 3135. Plenty of threads here on the differences between the two movements.

Ultimately, if it's a closed caseback watch and you're not using gen dial or hands, as many others have said, the ETA movements are the best. Easier to find parts and someone to work on them.

Edited by tomhorn

The SH3135 is the equivalent of the Yuki, and the much better option as it will also take more genuine parts to repair and/or make it better.

Although it could take gen dial and hands and somewhat resembled one, the SA3135 was not IMO as good of a clone of the 3135. Plenty of threads here on the differences between the two movements.

Ultimately, if it's a closed caseback watch and you're not using gen dial or hands, as many others have said, the ETA movements are the best. Easier to find parts and someone to work on them.

I would go with an ETA movement but the watches I want only have Asia Clone SA3135 movement I think one has a 2836 movement I think it is I would want a watch to last me atleast 6 months but I really doubt that I've seen loads of reviews saying that there watch has stopped after a month, 3 week, a week and couple of days it gets shorter and shorter that's what I'm worried about buy a watch for £300 then have to add another £100 getting it serviced and fixed then something else brakes it just makes this hobby pretty boring and pointless.

• Like 1

My rule when buying a rep was to wear it for a couple of months to determine if it was a keeper, and then get it serviced. Every rep, no matter what the movement. They are all dirty out of the factory.

For my builds I also always had the movement serviced during the build, even if it game out of a gen watch.

And it's not just reps. If you buy a gen with an automatic movement you are still going to have to get it serviced periodically, so if you are worried about that extra cost, then stick to quartz. Batteries are cheap.

• Like 1