When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 16610ln R-Serial build

sputim

I have recently started my Franken 16610 R-Serial build but encountered a few issues. Let's talk specs first:

- TC v6 case and v7 extreme complete bezel assembly
- Gen Swiss - T<25 dial, matching hands and insert with a very nice and rich patina (all parts were removed from the same watch)
- Gen crystal no lec (also from the same watch)
- Gen 703 Crown and Tube
- Gen serif DW
- SH3135

Only have one picture currently and the build was more or less straight forward. However, I encounter 2 issues. First, the gend second hand does not fit the SH3135 pinion. The pinion seems a tad too small so the second hand is sitting loose (Rightnow a jf second hand is mounted which is a big no-go). Second, quickdate set does not work. I have read about similar problems people have encountered with the SH3135 movement. My best bet is probably to replace the second hand pinion and the calendar setting mechanism with original rlx parts. Or are there any other ideas/fixes?

Next step will be case engraving with R-Serial and of course the obligatory lug holes.

Comments on potential improvements / fixes are welcome image.gif.ed950b5dae7b152ff3b0d4fcf7636042.gif

Cheers,
sputimimage.gif.ed950b5dae7b152ff3b0d4fcf7636042.gif

IMG_5450.JPG

I find it strange the SH3135 doesn’t take a gen seconds hand. Did you get it from JF? I have replaced the fourth wheel (seconds) on a SH3135, the part number is 3135-360. For the quickset date function, it didn’t work for me at first, but you can try applying a tiny rub of gasket grease on the underside of the date wheel and even remove the jewel sat at the top, the jewel has not great purpose. My quickset date function works fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Pombok said:

I find it strange the SH3135 doesn’t take a gen seconds hand. Did you get it from JF? I have replaced the fourth wheel (seconds) on a SH3135, the part number is 3135-360. For the quickset date function, it didn’t work for me at first, but you can try applying a tiny rub of gasket grease on the underside of the date wheel and even remove the jewel sat at the top, the jewel has not great purpose. My quickset date function works fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input gonna try that. Yes was removed from a jf 16610. Maybe just bad luck but the hands are 100% gen tritium hands. Not really fond of messing around with the hands.