When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How To Adjust Your Rep's Timing & Beat

gioarmani

Thanks for this. My new DSSDv5 is running +15secs a day. If I can figure out how to loosen the compression ring, I'll take a whack at it 8) I suppose I'll have to buy one of those 3-prong adjustable thingies. People say they are dangerous, tho.

No, that's changing the timing, not the beat.

Beat-rate setting requires more than just making sure it keeps good time.

Oups..."Beat" was the word I missed :)

That's definitely another more difficult process.

Sorry I can't help you...

No, that's changing the timing, not the beat.

Beat-rate setting requires more than just making sure it keeps good time.

There's a software program you can use, I'm sure there's a link to it somewhere on the Geek. If not send me a PM on here or on repgeek & I can send it to you.

You'll still have to sort out the pickup but there's a few schematics on the web you can use, I still need to make a new one as my last one wasn't sensitive enough to be accurate

You'll still have to sort out the pickup but there's a few schematics on the web you can use, I still need to make a new one as my last one wasn't sensitive enough to be accurate

I have the software (eTimer demo) running on my Mac under Crossover. As soon as I've got it set up and working, I'll be doing a tutorial on how to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this. My new DSSDv5 is running +15secs a day. If I can figure out how to loosen the compression ring, I'll take a whack at it 8) I suppose I'll have to buy one of those 3-prong adjustable thingies. People say they are dangerous, tho.

Get a sticky ball, works on 99% of cases and wont scratch at all. the 3 pronged thingys are crap on rolex type case backs.

Get a sticky ball, works on 99% of cases and wont scratch at all. the 3 pronged thingys are crap on rolex type case backs.

Unfortunately, the caseback is 2 piece. Only the outer ring is threaded and the inner titanium cover is gasketed. Spin that inner cover, and I bet the gasket is torn to pieces as it tightens down. You have to compress the Ti pressure dome and then spin the fixing ring down.

sd3cd5.jpg

Edited by Jkay

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Have the picture links been broken here? Got a 2836 movement and it's running about 15 minutes fast/day... brand new.. what do i do?

Your watch might have been magnetized if it is running 15 minutes fast/day as opposed to 15 seconds fast/day. In any case, the adjustment described here will not be able to address a 15 minute/day issue. You should send it back to your seller, or bring it to a watchmaker.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Update for the apple device owners. The app called Kello totally does the job and is worth every penny. The OP did a great guide for the given time. Technology has moved forward since then. Hope some of you find it helpful.

• Like 1

Thanks JKay!

Every day i a school day, i will try that mic out, apple earbuds mic is a bit crappy, gotta handle it a certain way for good results. Every movement i regulated with kello runs like a charm.

Edited by Murchyk
  • Like 1

Please Sign In or Sign Up