When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone ever had to return a watch back to toro bravo before?

Joowonie

Question

I purchased a women’s Omega constellation from Toro last month and the watch I received was not the watch I wanted. Toro insisted that the model exist in gen but I emailed Omega and they could not identify the watch. I’ve never done a return with toro so I do not know what to expect. 

27851156-BB65-4BB9-9AAE-B52BC205F549.jpeg

10 answers to this question

I purchased a women’s Omega constellation from Toro last month and the watch I received was not the watch I wanted. Toro insisted that the model exist in gen but I emailed Omega and they could not identify the watch. I’ve never done a return with toro so I do not know what to expect. 
27851156-BB65-4BB9-9AAE-B52BC205F549.thumb.jpeg.cabf8ffea4241e78d0a91599c5398e31.jpeg
That is an Omega model...

https://www.timepiece.com/omega-watch-123-10-27-60-57-001.html?mkwid=s_dm&pcrid=164175048942&pkw=&pmt=&plc=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlaTtrv_M2QIVRx6GCh1ONwlgEAQYBSABEgIfN_D_BwE

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

OK in order to help you better, I need to know

1. if you sent the pic of the rep to Omega. If that is the case, they will know that it is a rep (from the differences on the dial at least), and they were being polite when they tell you that they could not identify the watch.

2. If the watch you got shipped is different from the one you chose, can we see which was the one you chose? Also, if you got sent the QC pictures showing a different watch, did you tell toro anything? 

3. Lastly, @torobravo was kind of correct about the watch existing in gen, on the assumptions that all reps are flawed to a certain degree. There are good replicas, not so good replica, and all the way to barely identifiable reps. 

4. The issue now would not be whether this rep exists in gen, but rather, the process and communication between you and Toro before the watch was shipped. Did you agree to this? Or was this purchase forced upon you? Toro, do you wish to respond to this and tell your side of the story? 

I didn’t mention the website of course, I just showed a picture because I wanted to know if the watch was an older model however, they could not locate the model. This is a picture of the watch i wanted on the left. I briefly looked at the QC pictures  and at a quick glance it does look like the same watch however, it is two different watches.

The one on the left has raised lines and the “constellation” word is not located at the right place. The watch was not forced upon me, I was just concern about the existence of the model bc I wanted the one on the left originally. 

6927E042-25FD-405D-ADEA-383AB9D26F5B.png

Edited by Joowonie

On 3/1/2018 at 11:32 PM, Legend said:

OK in order to help you better, I need to know

1. if you sent the pic of the rep to Omega. If that is the case, they will know that it is a rep (from the differences on the dial at least), and they were being polite when they tell you that they could not identify the watch.

2. If the watch you got shipped is different from the one you chose, can we see which was the one you chose? Also, if you got sent the QC pictures showing a different watch, did you tell toro anything? 

3. Lastly, @torobravo was kind of correct about the watch existing in gen, on the assumptions that all reps are flawed to a certain degree. There are good replicas, not so good replica, and all the way to barely identifiable reps. 

4. The issue now would not be whether this rep exists in gen, but rather, the process and communication between you and Toro before the watch was shipped. Did you agree to this? Or was this purchase forced upon you? Toro, do you wish to respond to this and tell your side of the story? 

They ask for a reference number to identify the watch and told me the following: 0313F16B-CB33-45CD-A8DE-E88C521CB0FB.thumb.jpeg.69ab016f9f47d69ef1308f9da8b7ce3a.jpeg

I searched for the number and the image below was the closes I could find to the current watch. 

AF60CF0D-DE13-4008-ADB0-B50B5BEA08D2.png

7 hours ago, Joowonie said:

bc I wanted the one on the left originally. 

Very easy to get that watch.

Go to an Authorized Omega Dealer and ask for it...

Sending a picture of a fake watch to the maker of the gen.... where is the facepalm emoji?

Edited by lorenzo1910
Mistype

8 hours ago, lorenzo1910 said:

Sending a picture of a fake watch to the maker of the gen.... where is the facepalm emoji?

NO need for the condescending remark. I just wanted to know if the model I got was something that existed in a vintage bc I wasn’t able to find it. How else am I supposed to know if I don’t ask them? Also, why don’t you actually read my post before you give your two cent? 

I read every post before any reply...

But that move wasn't the smartest thing to do...that's not only my thought... somebody else was thinking the same but choose to pass about it...

C'mon... asking info about a fake watch straight to Omega? Are you serious?

9 hours ago, lorenzo1910 said:

What is wrong with asking them to identify a model if one is having issues finding it? especially when the seller is saying it exist in gen. The msgs do not show any sensitive information given away like the seller’s info/the forum’s info etc. No need for this kind of tone bc it’s not helpful to anyone. The watches are obviously different when you look closely, not the same color, and markings.  Of course one can’t expect to get an auth watch when they buy a rep but at the very least the watch model should exist and isn’t a Franken.

Mistakes do happen sometimes. Toro said a return is easy to do so just do that. Next time, be more careful with QC pics!

13 minutes ago, lorenzo1910 said:

I read every post before any reply...

But that move wasn't the smartest thing to do...that's not only my thought... somebody else was thinking the same but choose to pass about it...

C'mon... asking info about a fake watch straight to Omega? Are you serious?

If people pay money for a watch and got something else different I don’t see a problem. Will asking prompt omega to look for the seller or you? Lol they didn’t even seem to care in the msg since they said “the picture doesn’t seem to match the reference number” but didn’t even bother to give the picture of the one it matched up with.