When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep quality overview?

m78D

Good evening,

I was trying to find out which factory makes the highest quality reps but unfortunately the amount of information just was a bit too much.

How do you guys go about finding out how the quality is? Is there an overview that factory X usually has good steel whereas factory Y has better watch dials?

What I did until now is find a watch I like, see if a TD has it and then try to find as much information as I can about it here and on other forums but there are barely any

comparisons between two or three factories if all offer the same watch.

I think you are on the right track when it comes to research. Reading is a good start but I understand that the information can be overwhelming for someone new. 

However, your question is just too generic for anyone o help you. It will be infinitely more helpful for you to specify a model you like and we can help you from there.

My excuses for the too generic initial post.

Currently I'm looking for two different things:

- A new (higher quality) band for my noob submariner 116613 (silver, gold)

- The best milgauss 116400 rep (I don't mind buying different parts and then putting them together myself)

I saw that a lot of people like the quality of the ARF milgauss but others preferred the JF overall.

Because I haven't seen the gen watches, I wasn't quite sure where to go from there.