When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

About Dup0nt Reps

spa

Hi guys,

I did some research about DuP0nt rep lighters and i want to share some thoughts just to see if i am correct or not...

At almost every rep DP lighters i see a stamp underneath saying:

ST Dupont

Paris

Made in France

Laque de Chine

(serial No. or something)

This must be correct for the laquer models.

But the models with no laquer on them, shouldn't say this (?) :

ST Dupont

Paris

Made in France

(serial No. or something).

Do we have a flaw here?

:unsure:

I don't want to hijack this thread, but isn't there a Dupont James Bond lighter?

If yes, is it replicated?

I think Sash had them.

Stick to lacquer lighters so it is accurate ;)

Anyone know where to get lighter fluid and fill one? In a fit of madness I got a DuPont despite never smoking in my life! Flciking it open and closed is addictive in a funny kinda way...!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but isn't there a Dupont James Bond lighter?

If yes, is it replicated?

Jay&Angel offer them for 26Euros but they have as the duponts mentioned from the other dealer a big flaw beside the "laque print" the time lines on the bullet...

Real (sorry just found a good pic of the black one but SS is the same):

183751-6503.jpg

Fake:

183751-6504.jpg

Great info Thor, i didn't know that the bullet has print on it on the real thing...

btw...

Does anyone have any experience of the rep lacquer DuP0nt models? Is that lacquer finish durable through everyday use?

I can't resist anymore to those damn good looking DP lighters (i am too late on this already :rolleyes: )

I am currently getting the details in to stock lighter's on my site, at this point I cannot say what the quality is like as I have not seen them but everything else to come from this supplier has been first quality so...........

Ken

Got only one lighter with chinese laque - i bought it nearly two years ago and the laque is still in good condition :thumbsupsmileyanim:

One point i missed to say about these lighters is that the flints coming with the lighters aren't very good... but at most tabacco-stores a package of real Dupont-flints (10 flints) can be bought for less than 5 Euros... if you aren't all thumbs the exchange isn't a big deal...

An additional pic for all who have already bought a dupont or planning to do so:

To refill the lighters you can use the original dupont gas bottles or use an gas bottle from the supermarket with this adapter whick makes the refill in the long term much cheaper...

Click here

Just to let you guys know... my friend has the 007 with the time lines on the bullet... he bought both the gunmetal one and the SS one... gunmetal is way nicer!

I don't think any of our dealers have this model with the time lines on the bullet... my friend bought it off ebay...

I like that one. Maybe I'll take up smoking...

Always useful to have for that cute girl in the club ;)

Then again, I don't really like girls to smoke :black_eye:

Yes, these lighters... I gave up smoking 15 years ago due to emerging allergies. I don't miss it the smoking part but I do miss the ritual of tamping and lighting up, and that first drag... wait, maybe I do miss it.

Anyway, these lighters are so beautiful and pleasing to hold and play with, I'm so tempted to get one. just not sure what I'd do with it.

• 2 months later...
An additional pic for all who have already bought a dupont or planning to do so:

To refill the lighters you can use the original dupont gas bottles or use an gas bottle from the supermarket with this adapter whick makes the refill in the long term much cheaper...

Click here

Yes - but how do you know which to buy? Green/Blue/Yellow/Gold? I will buy one but I'm not sure which will fit my rep - since reps don't have the color coded dot.

Yes - but how do you know which to buy? Green/Blue/Yellow/Gold? I will buy one but I'm not sure which will fit my rep - since reps don't have the color coded dot.

Check the pics and copare them to your lighter to be 100% sure check the sizes of your lighter and compare them to the ones listed at the site...

BTW i'm using the Universal gold one, this one fits all my rep lighters... expect it'll will work with yours too ;)