When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sub dial differences

JBG007

Can one of the experts explain to me why these sub-c 116610 dial fonts are differently spaced out please, all the gen subs I see or look up have the more spaced out 1000 ft =  300 m

but most of the sub-c 116610 (Date) have the spacing like the older 5 digit subs 16610 

I want to order the noob v7 date sub-c Black 116610LN but it’s with the tighter font closer together. I just want to make sure that Rolex did indeed make a sub 116610 with the tighter spacing???

D52ECAFC-272B-4F47-8118-1E31E4C59131.png

710D6C70-6D6A-4525-A2A6-D50D3F2FFF28.png

• 2 weeks later...

I had a look at pre owned 116610s on Chrono24 and it looks like the new ones 2016-17 onwards have tighter spacing and the older ones such as 2013 are more spaced out

So unless there's a lot of fakes going around on Chrono24 from reputable jewellers, Rolex indeed updated the 116610 to a tighter spacing quite recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
What is the reason your going with the V7 and not the V8, is it because of the price or is there a fault on the V8?

Tried to order a v8 from toro bus he said it wasn’t available yet. Don’t know if other TD’s have the v8 already