When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

InTime Rep Website

Brad Wiliams

Question

Hey all, Been a bit of a Stalker around here so I thought I'd just come on in.....

Soooooooo, Been reading about Reps cause I got the bug for an Explorer II. Saw "InTime" website here as a TD and made a CC purchase - 2x denied Visa. "Ryan" keeps telling me about the BitCoin and WU option with discounts. Makes me a little uncomfortable due to the nature of the transaction. I offered PayPal but the says cannot do for 1st transaction. 

Lookinmg at the NOOB A2836 model as I've read it seems to be the best overall quality.

Have not seen any recent threads on InTime and thought I'd seek some input on the trust level at this point in time and the method of purchase.

Thanks!

I think that Ryan does accept paypal from trusted and established customers, and you can become one by going through one or more deals with him. 

I have purchased from him using paypal/cc before.

1 hour ago, Brad Wiliams said:

Thanks again. It seems my only options at this point are western union or bitpoin. Both have no recourse so I was wondering who may have experienced the same recently with positive results. 

you do realize of course that the concept of "recourse" applies both ways. The buyer wants to protect his purchase but the seller wants a safe form of payment.

It takes time in the hobby to build trust and establish your reputation. 

I am sure that there are members who purchased from Ryan before using one or both methods you mentioned without issue.

@ryanwayer, you may wish to comment here.

Thank you.....Yes I get the trust and rep. That's why I thought Paypal is a good option for a purchase as I understood it protects both parties if you do it as a purchase of goods. I suppose that can't be done like a credit card gets denied? Anyways, the discussion here helps me to feel more trust in this so I appreciate that. I will contact Ryan. Thanks again.

Hi Brad,

I'm having the same problem. Ordered from Intime and told cc refused. Yes it was cc security blocked it. Rang them and had block lifted. Re-ordered as per Intime's instruction and In time tell me cc refused again.  Contacted bank and the bank tells me they have not presented and there is no problem paying if they present. Intime keep offering WU or Bitcoin same as you. I am led to believe WU is an issue in China from Jan 2018. I intend to try to reorder once more then try to source from somewhere else. 

Hey John Thanks. Yes I too approved it after my bank blocked it and did a second order and Ryan says now it was denied also. Don't see any charges on my bank account so it seems it didn't go through. I messaged Ryan here on the forum as he is also a member I see. Trying to see if we can work something out with Paypal......waiting see hear back. Doesn't look promising and I hate to do WU or BC. Perhaps WU is the easiest to not have to link bank account info and sign up with an ongoing account (sounds like allot of work) - not sure. 

Any input from anyone who found the easiest safest way that works please do tell :)

Let me know what happens John and I will advise too. Ryan messaged me asking for the account info but it was getting late so I expect I'll get more tonight, but looks good that he is in communication.

Hi Brad,

The 48 hours Ryan suggests to wait to see if it goes through is up tomorrow although my cc says it probably won't be presented now. So once this is up I will try once more. Don't want to do WU after what i have heard about Chinese govt having issues with this from this year. I will keep you posted but please let me know if you find a satisfactory solution. Had hoped my first purchase from Ryan would go well as he has a good rep and specifically chose him on his rep and quality.  Fingers crossed it works next time.

Cheers.

John.

Thanks.....yea maybe that's why his last message was Bitcoin or Litecoin, neither have I ever used before. Doesn't sound like WU is a good option then. It's frustrating waiting so long just to get the order through - done it twice done. I too went to Ryan specifically because of the Rep and TD so at least I'm getting closer to accepting the trust, just want a better way to pay.

Hi Brad,

Just to update you my third attempt at sending payment again failed and my Bank has confirmed that the request for payment from Intime was never raised. I was offered just Bitcoin with a discount this time. 

This is a real shame as I had hoped with his rep things would go well but I see no use in continuing to try and send payment as there is no block my end so it is either a fault with their system or they do not wish to accept a mastercard payment. 

I fully accept that acquiring reps takes time and patience but if I can't send payment in the first place then we can even get the ball rolling and therefore I have very reluctantly decided to walk away.

I genuinely hope things work out better for you. I have started to collect watches and had really hoped to secure this one but hey ho I need to look at where I go from here. 

Good luck.

All the best.

John.

Well that's interesting because I'm on my fourth attempt now after checking with the bank the first one was a security issue that should have went through after confirmation and the second one but they had to raise the block and security level and then the second one got blocked because they said that the security code was put in wrong.  I know I didn't enter it in incorrectly they said the merchant could have done something incorrectly with it so then I tried a third time and again it got denied.  My bank said it could have been because it needed a higher security level but they already told me that the on second one.

I've messaged Ryan throughout all this I haven't gotten really clear responses unfortunately maybe it's just a language thing or he's busy but they haven't been very attentive to the details of the situation and again like you said there's the offering of Bitcoin or Litecoin now.

I'm going to try one more attempt with the VISA instead of the MasterCard and Ryan's always responded to me and is advised me to try it again. This will be my last attempt if it doesn't go through now, according to my bank it's all clear nothing should stop iit. I will give up as well and chalk it up to just being something bogus that there really is no credit card payment. Could be I'd hate to say, a bait and then switch you to try to do the other options which may be just for his own protection and he still comes through but I don't wish to open another account with another financial means. Perhaps there is no credit card true payment option  just to help you get motivated  by getting it denied. If I'm wrong then I apologize and hope that that's not the case.  I read another post that someone had in the past where they said the same thing where the security code was entered incorrectly  well they didn't believe they did it on their part.

It would be interesting if you could also message Ryan as well he's a member on the forum, I'd be curious as to what he would say to that. Thanks for the updates let me know where you go from here because I may follow you LOL.

Edited by Brad Wiliams

HI Brad,

You make some interesting points. I am going to do some more research before diving in again (although admittedly thought I had done alot already, not enough it seems)but will eventually find someway to pursue this passion that's for sure. I have also got a VISA as well as a MasterCard so would be interested if your VISA attempt works. 

If it does please let me know because I would have one last go. Just not prepared to faff about with MasterCard payments which are not being presented at the other end.

Good luck and thanks for the update.

All the best.

John.

We have seen a lot of newbies filing a PayPal dispute to a TD simply for a minor issue in the rep that they bought... A PayPal dispute could lead to freezing their (TD) account... if a newbie freezes a TD account then hundreds of customers cannot buy their reps from that TD using PayPal.

I'm not saying that one must pass over any flaw of the watch... just contact the seller asking for help (repairing/replacing or refund)... Then, if you get no avail, contact the Mods to chime in...

People should think twice before filing a PayPal dispute.

That's why the newbies should pay by WU/WireTransfer/BitCoin etc.

(As you guess, English is not my first language... I'm only trying to help...)

Yes thank you I appreciate that that's a very good post and insight. I even understand all that I guess I just felt the need for some protection for myself as well it's kind of a whole new culture to this I had to get aware of and learning more from now. He does does have the credit card option and that's what I've been trying to exercise this is my fourth attempt now so I guess that's another issue.

Thanks again for your input I appreciate it I thought your English is actually very good I understood everything you said thank you.

Where are you located Brad? I live in Italy and had the same problem (I was paying with a debit card)... I think it's a Card and/or Bank issue... (many won't allow transaction with Chinese sellers)... Tried twice with PureTime with no avail (they have Card1 and Card2 option... if the first fail you should try the second... none worked for me)

Western Union is way easier... and you cannot go wrong with Ryan/InTime... he deserves your confidence.

Hi, I'm in U.S. My order just got approved by CC using the same one 4 times (my bank advised me to not use the other card because I would have to go through all the security blocks again separately for that card and it would just take longer to start over) and getting on the phone many times to get approval. It seems there are at least 2 levels of security that block and I had to move up each level every time to get approval by re ordering again and again and after one attempt was reported as having the wrong security numbers (I don't feel this was my error but...).

Shanghai is considered "very high risk" when it comes to Fraud according to my banks security blocks. I'm not sure if this CC method is set up by the website to flounder as a deterrent to using CC but is an option for customer to engage interest to begin to encourage them to use WU or BC after failed attempts. And or it's simply bank security protection that flounders. Either way, if it's simply a method set up by the website for Ryan in protecting his position, I understand, and if the purchase and items are still legit and trusted then it is was it is and the end result is what matters in the trust in that.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Ryan so hope to see this continue in the right direction and finding the happy ending in this, and me being a new trusted customer to support Ryan as a TD - so far so good I'd say (in spite of the hoops). I'll post to the end results - thanks!

Edited by Brad Wiliams

I'd say things are moving along in a good direction with Ryan still. I received photos of the watches today (yay) and the time measurements. I think that's pretty awesome they send photos of the watches and then sent photos of the watches and the time measurements on the meter. One is running 5sec fast/day and the other is 10sec fast/day. I'm not familar with the standards for autos or for the A2836. Anyone know if these are good numbers? Thanks! 

Hi Brad, please do I am very interested. Sorry I haven't replied earlier but been away with work.

I do intend to continue to try and purchase the watch I want but thought I would hold off whilst I was away with work just in case it arrived whilst I was not there to meet it.

Thanks for the updates so far glad it's going well for you and I am following the saga and keeping my fingers crossed all goes well with you. I will probably email Ryan now yours has gone through to ask if he thinks it's worth me trying again.

All the best.

John.

Hey John, thanks for the reply I just didn't want to be updating without anyone else getting anymore from it. Everything is still on track although the process shipping to me in the U.S. is taking a long time. I ordered a watch from the same region in China on 3-26 DHL Express from and it will be here on 3-30. I paid $20 for shipping and that's only 4 days time.

I paid $25 DHL for InTime and received confirmation the item was ready to ship on 3-21 and confirmed it shipped on 3-22. As far as tracking, it says is still hasn't reached the U.S. yet or an expected date (I believe the website said 7-10 days). Not sure why it takes so much longer unless it has to do with where they route it.

I guess that's a down side but if it arrives here and meets the expectations then that's most important to me as the thread was more about Ryan as a TD.

I'll update as things move - you know it's like waiting for Santa at Christmas, the anticipation of time never moves fast enough! 

FYI - It appears the shipping is USPS not DHL. I know the option was on the website that forced me to have to select DHL when selecting payment, but it later provided USPS option that I also selected. I thought it was using DHL or both DHL and USPS. So apparently it overrode the forced DHL shipping option when I got to select USPS - that may explain the difference in DHL time for the other watch I ordered and USPS time being much longer. Not sure why the watch shipping DHL express was only $20 and faster and the USPS InTime was $25 and slower.

Edited by Brad Wiliams

Today is day 12 shipping time. Website advises to contact them after 12 days of shipping if the items is not received. Unless something changes today (no new updates via tracking still) I will have to notify the website and Ryan tomorrow that I have not received it. Disappointing but remaining optimistic things still pull through.

Hi Brad,

Keeping my fingers crossed it works out OK for you. If it's any help I have seen 2 to 3 weeks delivery time being quoted by some others who have helped things shipped from China.

Regards .

John.

Oops meant "had things shipped from China". Don't you love predictive typing, not!