When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1570 datewheel overlay

jackojackk

Hi there,

I just finished a datewheel overlay to mimic the silver date disc of a 1570 movement. 

I made it to work with eta movement as the original doesn't turn in the same direction.

Is it any close to something good?

IMG_20180316_202235.jpg

IMG_20180316_202344.jpg

Edited by jackojackk

I'm no expert but this has already been done by polexpete. His overlays are widely used and seem pretty good to me. They're readily available on fleabay.

I'm not trying to p*ss on your chips just letting you know that your admirable efforts might be best spent elsewhere. How about a white one? For some reason pp has only made his in silver.

Or, how about a datewheel that slots straight on to the movement? I know some modders hate overlays coz alignment is a real pita!

Yes it's way too thick. I still need to sand it more. But I wanted to try the result before sanding it completely.

@dieselpower It's impossible to replace directly the disc as the date window diameter is smaller than the disc. The polexpete dwo has an open 6 on the 26, it should be closed.

Edited by jackojackk

LOL your too...
And.... What is that .stl file?

The OPs date wheel has a closed 6 at the 26 like he indicated it should. .stl files are 3D files that can be printed on a 3D printer. That file is a 3D model of the DW alignment tool that you could print yourself.

For the DWO tool I know it exists already and I started from pictures of it to model mine.

I have a friend who owns a 3D printer so I thought if someone was in need of it have access to a 3D printer, it'll be great for him.

I also reworked and "rasterized" the DWO if someone needs

• 3 weeks later...

"Someone needs to make a ready made eta datewheel with the silver flat top so we don’t have to mess with aligning it. I hate aligning them." 

Agree.  It sure would make things easier.

About 6 months back I bought a DW overlay to fit ETA 2836 with a bigger outer diameter to fit under a dial on a 41mm DJ project from an eBay seller in China (41mm DJ date has more offset to the right).  I doubt there is much demand at all for them but someone made them.  For some reason no one has made a complete DW for ETA 28xx movements with the standard rlx offset. 

I would guess there would be a lot more demand for a complete standard rlx offset DW than an obscure DW overlay for a 41mm DJ.

I looked and the fellow I got the 41mm DJ DW overlay from does not offer them now but has quite a few DW overlays for regular rlx date offset.

http://stores.ebay.com/BANDS-AND-BRACELETS-FOR-ROLEX-WATCH?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

A complete datewheel won't fit on the most Rolex reps, because the Date window don't line up on the dial

Gesendet von meinem MI 4S mit Tapatalk

By the way there was a Sub from Paul in the years it had the datewheel but the date was too far to the right ;)

Gesendet von meinem MI 4S mit Tapatalk