When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Credits to the man who saved my Prohunter..

Justin2419

Well, I'm considered quite green to this rep hobby although I had joined RWI and the other RWG for ard 2 years and during these period, I was more of a quiet spectator reading posts and admiring photos of watches contributed by the community, than posting and commenting in the forums. I can say this is considered my 1st post and I'm not very good with words, so please pardon me if there's anything awkward with my post.

Early last month, while I was adjusting the time on my Rolex Prohunter DSSD, the crown came off the stem and I was unable to fix it back. Without any watch repair knowledge and not knowing any watchsmiths in my country who service reps, the only solution I could think of was to ship the watch to the dealer that I bought from for repair but I had bad experiences of my previous watch being held by China customs for months before mailing back to me on one occasion and another watch still broken after wasting considerable amount of money and youth on the shipping to and fro a couple of times. Moreover it's near to Chinese New Year, so I gave up the idea to send back to the dealer. This incident really dampened my festive mood greatly..

One night while I was going through the forums for solutions, I chanced upon posts and positive reviews of watch repairs and servicing done by another forum member based in my country by the username "Legend". After a quick search, I managed to contact him through the forum's messaging system and he agreed to help me out and wanted to meet me. At that point of time, it seemed like my world suddenly brighten up and I was thinking to myself that there's still hope in SG after all...

During my meetup with Legend at his office, we had a short chat and from his replies and suggestions on the servicing and mods that should be done to my watch, I knew that he's the guy whom I can trust to leave my watch with and I agreed to the works he suggested without hesitation. Two weeks later, we arranged to meet at a pub for some drinks and that's when he handed me my watch, repaired and serviced. This was also the 1st time I've seen my watch in an exceptionally fantastic condition, all cleaned up and the hands sweeping smoothly. My feeling then was far more than delighted, as if touched by God. Really a big thank you to Legend, your act of selflessness to pick up the job during the festive period is admirable and appreciate your effort and dedication in getting it done. Thank you once again and will look forward to have another drinking session with u.. ?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Justin2419
Add tag
  • Like 2

Not good with words, I wish my first post had been as good? That SD looks really good on that bracelet, I have never seen that multi tool bracelet match a watch so well, they look made for each other.

@Legend is one of the best and I’m proud to count him a friend and colleague, nobody has a feedback rating as high as his.

Stick around buddy, we don’t much care about writing style, it is the passion for the hobby and the community that counts here

Legend is a giant among men, he always goes above and beyond to help his brothers. In fact I'm wearing a piece as I type that wouldn't have been possible without his help.

Stick around! All enthusiasts are welcome and encouraged here.

:tu:

Dear J

First and foremost, it was a most memorable experience dealing with you, both because of the very unique bracelet on your watch, and our "communication adventure", you know what I mean. ;)

It has been a pleasure working with you, and I do thank you for the exceedingly kind feedback. Your watch was not difficult to resuscitate, the real challenge then was getting our communication and expectations sorted out, an area which you contributed to graciously and patiently. Thank you.

I hope to see you hand around here and integrate yourself into our community. And yes, the next round of drinks will be on me bro. 

Tks @sogeha for your kind words of encouragement n complimentsh.@legend got what it takes n had proven himself worthy of  such praise n respect. Really glad that fate had made us crossned path.

As for my watch, yes, it’s Leatherman Tread bracelet on on a Rolex Prohunter Deepsea D-Blue. This is my favorite combo n the watch looked stunningly gorgeous. In addition, the PVD finishing n details on the bracelet and watch gave off an industrial feel that screams character. 

To most people, it might seem like a simple n easy installation of a bracelet onto a watch but actual fact, depending on the specs of the watch u wish to install also, there are certain details to look out for n additional steps might be required.

Firstly, the bracelet is just a bracelet n in order to mount it onto a watch, a pair of watch adapter that link the end of the bracelet to the lug of the watch is compulsory. N this has to be bought separately to “convert” the bracelet into a watch strap n to ensure it’s compatible with your watch, u must determine the lug width on your watch. Here comes the tricky part. The adapters comes in various sizes but all in even numbers only. If the measured lug width is in even number , u r safe and just select the exact lug width for your adapter. The headache part is when your measured lug width is in odd number, which  means the adapter must be 1mm shorter in order to mount onto the watch.thr strap will feel slightly loose since the adapter is 1mm shorter than the actual. Come to think of it, my DSSD lug width is 21mm, odd number = headache. I’m unacceptable with loose strap but I’m already deeply in love with the Prohunter DSSD with Leatherman Tread, so deep that I came up with my way to get ard with this. Which is another solution which was not recommended unless u r as stubborn as me. My way is to get the adapter 1mm longer than the lug width n file off 0.5mm off each side.. So final measurement of both lug n adapter will be of the same width n will fit perfectly. Sounds easy n doesn’t seem to have any problems with that? FYI, it took me a considerable amount of time n strength to file off 0.5mm off one side.. I even wanted to give up before completing the 1st 0.5mm cos i don’t see any progress n my hands doesn’t fell like mine anymore.. ?

On 21/03/2018 at 8:09 PM, kinkinza said:

@Legend does fantastic work - I trust him with all my watches too :)

That is a lovely watch and a cool bracelet to match - wear her in good health!

Tks.. I surely will