When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why did I keep looking!!

Mike on a bike

image.png

OK the wonder boys over at Tudor must have had a brain fart , they finally figured out we do not want a vintage watch on steroids. Now we all would sure like one from back then but prices are ridicules so with a little help from the dealers we upgrade dials , reshape cases do lume etc etc well you know.

But AH! they put out this one at 39 X 11.9 right in sweet spot, gilt dial check matte finish check , rivet to top it off,  a lot to like here gents. Oh did I mention in house movement........about $3500 on the bracelet.

We need more pics.

image.png

image.png

image.pngimage.png

image.pngimage.png

image.png

No idea why these doubled up, most likely my bad. :bangin:

Links:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/tudor-black-bay-fifty-eight-hands-on

https://gearpatrol.com/2018/03/26/baselworld-2018-tudor-black-bay-fifty-eight/#2

• Like 1

As the owner of a gen Tudor Black Bay Red (Rose log) I regret ever buying it especially since they bring out this beauty now!! The B.B. wears huge!!
Doesn’t look big but because the case is soo thick it feels huge and I never wear it anymore since getting a TC V6 a year or so ago. The Tudor B.B. is beautiful but not for me at 41m. Might have to flip it soon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$3,500 ???!!!!!  How nice of a Big Crown can I build for that?

Phong case - $1,000

MQ true gilt dial - $900

CWP hands - $50

ETA (Tudor "in house") movement - $200

Yuki 7206 bracelet - $150

Gen T17 crystal - $500

Gen 8mm crown and tube - $500

Total $3,300  :bangin:

10 hours ago, Tobliteration said:

As the owner of a gen Tudor Black Bay Red (Rose log) I regret ever buying it especially since they bring out this beauty now!! The B.B. wears huge!!
Doesn’t look big but because the case is soo thick it feels huge and I never wear it anymore since getting a TC V6 a year or so ago. The Tudor B.B. is beautiful but not for me at 41m. Might have to flip it soon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wore the rep for a week found the same as you.

8 hours ago, dieselpower said:

I like it. The only modern Rolex/Tudor I'd buy. Well, I wouldn't buy, I'd use 'Nooks recipe and make one of those then take the family out for a steak dinner with the $200 change :1a:

But really think about it Tudor doesn't seem priced so crazy when you look at our costs. We are specking out/price coast ratio to buy a 30 to 100k vintage big crown or build and it may have a few of the parts listed in it anyway.

I think we best go gen on that build spec sheet now that they stumbled into this .

Totally agree on the original Black Bay. I bought version one with the lume mismatch. It’s a good looking watch and does get compliments, but it is a bit too big and definitely too think, it feels kind of top heavy and unbalanced. I really like it but don’t wear it much

They do look nice I agree on that and I have more than enough wrist to carry they just don't sit right for me. Unbalanced I guess that sums it but I am bias, I wear them small my daily is 38mm TI light as a feather.

image.png

38 x 8.4 quartz by the way, with all the watches I own this gets about 80-90% of the wrist time, and I have some beauties as you know.

Nice looking watch but if it was supposed to be a homage to the 7924 "Big Crown" they made a huge mistake with the hands. the Snowflake hands are not correct as they came later. I suppose they are afraid that using Mercedes hands would make it look too "Rolexy"!!

AFA as the wearability, it's really strange how some watches wear like they are part of your wrist, and others are just never comfortable. They are always trying to "turn turtle", are too big, feel too clunky and top heavy. Problem is, you really can't tell which ones will fit you until you try them.

• 1 month later...