When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ARF Daytona Stuck bracelet Screws !

APguy1

Hi all,

Received my arf daytona today, watch is amazing quality but the bracelet screws are all but one stuck big time ! I’ve used professional tools to try and budge them but they’ve all resulted in snapping screwdriver bits and trashing the screw heads. I’ve never experienced this issue before !

Any one have an idea ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what they do to mess up threads on bracelet screws, but I had a similar problem with a Rolex bracelet several years ago. I couldn't budge several screws. I bought it from mymanmatt, so I emailed him and he told me to send it back to him. he either got them out somehow or trashed the bracelet and sent me a new one back I don't know.

It's possible that if they are just tight, maybe soaking the bracelet in some penetrating oil would help. If the screws had burrs and are binding, I doubt that would help. Big problem, if you bugger up the screw slots too much, you will never be able to get the screws out. You might also try heating the bracelet, that might expand it a bit, also it would melt any adhesives like Loctite (if they used anything) wish I could be of more help, but that's about all I can suggest

I used a lighter to heat the opposite side of the screw pin then unscrewed it. I did this on a noob bracelet. The bracelet goes black a bit but just wipes off. Not sure if the professionals would recommend this method but it worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

"I used a lighter to heat the opposite side of the screw pin then unscrewed it.  I did this on a noob bracelet.  The bracelet goes black a bit but just wipes off.  Not sure if the professionals would recommend this method but it worked for me."

I have done this many times except I use a mini torch that has a Bic lighter inside it.  The pin point flame at the ceramic tip is blue, very hot, and will melt glue and 'thread crud' quickly.  You also need a screwdriver that is a good fit in the screw slot and has straight sides at the end.  A tapered 'chisel' shaped screwdriver end tends to rise up out of the screw head and ruin the slot.

PS:  I am not a professional.  I am a screw-up.  :pimp:

Mine is a  'MicroJet'.

Example:  eBay item number  253502020853