When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally finished 5513 - uncommon crystal

e30m3

After months of working on it (but mostly just being busy or lazy or both), I think I'm finally done with my first build. I wanted to share pics because I haven't seen this crystal used yet - from what I can tell, it's GS's version of the Tropic 19 "super dome." And it was $10.60. I compare it to the $96 CWP crystal in another thread that I can't be bothered to find now. I'd love to know what I'm missing, if anything, but they look practically identical to me. But I'm new at this - if you can spot otherwise, please chime in. Anyway:

Cartel 5513 case: lowered lug height, adjusted CG's, added slight chamfering based on gen images, drilled lugs to fit OE bars, refinished.

GS PA-462 19M crystal

Athaya 703 crown and tube

Athaya pearl, aged lume

Clark bezel assembly, aged insert (it's ever so slightly blued, hard to get from the pics)

ETA 2846 serviced by misiekped keeping excellent time

Deleted date position in keyless

HR custom aged dial (he says he matched his gen)

HR 2.0mm spring bars, polished ends

JK hands (aged lume)

So, the tried and true, for the most part. With giant thanks to jackflash and automatico for dealing with my nonstop questions. I have WSO endlinks for the cartel bracelet, but the famous line in the mid-link pisses me off too much to install it.

IMG_4838.JPG

IMG_4839.JPG

IMG_4840.JPG

IMG_4841.JPG

IMG_4842.JPG

• Like 4

Actually I have Supermirrors  bookmarked on Firefox...

Or you mean that the search has been done with Google?

Wrote an email to Sead...

For that (little) money one can't go wrong...

Thank you all guys!

10 minutes ago, lorenzo1910 said:

Actually I have Supermirrors  bookmarked on Firefox...

Or you mean that the search has been done with Google?

Wrote an email to Sead...

For that (little) money one can't go wrong...

Thank you all guys!

Just joking on that one:D

Found it on his website

Looking Good!

...and it did not break the bank.

"GS PA-462 19M crystal."

I have used PA 462-20A, PA 462-66, and PA 462-67, but not a PA 462-19M.  Yet.

I'll order a couple next time, they might come in handy.  I have quite a few aftmkt T19 from different sources and will say there are lots of different shapes and sizes of them out there. 

GS has always been high quality in my experience.  Sternkreuz too.

22 hours ago, Bart Cordell said:

Congrats for this looking great first build mate !

I used this GS plexi on my 6538 and 5512 builds, one of the best we can find without spend $$$ in CWP T19

It's funny you should chime in, Bart, because yours was the ONE thread I could find when I searched the GS part number on Google! It's the reason I wrote "uncommon" instead of "unique!"

On 4/4/2018 at 2:20 PM, alligoat said:

@ e30m3, I'd love to see a side shot of your case and crystal.

I went back and read your build specs and I do like the HR dial, it really make the watch!

Will do - misiekped's got the watch at the moment but I'll take some side shots as soon as I get it back!

19 hours ago, automatico said:

Looking Good!

...and it did not break the bank.

"GS PA-462 19M crystal."

I have used PA 462-20A, PA 462-66, and PA 462-67, but not a PA 462-19M.  Yet.

I'll order a couple next time, they might come in handy.  I have quite a few aftmkt T19 from different sources and will say there are lots of different shapes and sizes of them out there. 

GS has always been high quality in my experience.  Sternkreuz too.

It's what I arrived at after we'd been talking GS - found it in their catalog. It's nice to have, particularly if your case neck is a little narrow (which was the case here). I looked at it and the CWP side by side from every angle imaginable, and couldn't see the difference for the life of me. Except for the angle that included my credit card.

Right, sorry for the delay there. Misiekped had to uh... Fix a movement problem that may or may not have been created by me. :rolleyes: 

Also I'm aware of the scratches on the crown side from hasty sanding - just been too lazy to take it back down and address.

IMG_4976.thumb.JPG.eb0a000b91290a1432ad6d4a5624e70d.JPGIMG_4974.thumb.JPG.74c40ce56543482c045af676831dade2.JPGIMG_4981.thumb.JPG.1fcf8fe3784e0c17696e409d9b4c7f50.JPGIMG_4980.thumb.JPG.7959758d8aa69a68bf3ff4832369816a.JPG

• Like 2