When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Rolex 16013 Datejust Finally Finished!

bobandshawn

Hey guys,

Finally finished my latest personal watch - a 1978 16013 TT DJ. It started as a M2M with some issues, but everything finally came together!

GEN case

GEN caseback

GEN engine-turned bezel

GEN crown tube

GEN gold crown

GEN dial

GEN hands (Tudor)

GEN bracelet

GEN clasp

The only thing rep is the Selita SW 220 driving it. Now properly mounted and keeping COSC time. I tried a TT Jubilee and a GEN gold beel but it looked too “blingy” for my taste. Let me know if you need a gold bezel...

GEN jubilee bracelet came today so if anyone would like to provide input on gen/rep it would be greatly appreciated before I leave feedback! @occb2, @pompompurin, @smoke

v2ToLfu.jpg

oKTgmOe.jpg

MITpOQ3.jpg

H4eVe0U.jpg

rO3OcJd.jpg?1

• Like 2

Looks good!

It definitely has a retro vibe.

I have seen quite a few of these combos...gold dial/hands with SS case/bracelet, but not with a gold crown.  You also see quite a few black, white, blue etc dials with gold markers/hands and all steel cases/bracelets.

Imho it needs a gold bezel to go with the gold crown or a steel crown to go with the steel bezel.  Since it is a 16013 case, I would go with a gold bezel.

A tutone time head with an all steel bracelet is fairly common.

"WAIT - I just noticed - NO SCREWS???"

Nope, the USA bracelets had push pins or little bitty spring bars.

Not really period "correct". You're mixing a 16013 dial and crown with a 16030 bezel and 1604 bracelet.

That's the great thing about DateJusts, you can mix and match to come up with anything you like. I put a 16234 dial in my 16014 build and never looked back.

Nice build!

Edited by tomhorn

1 hour ago, tomhorn said:

Not really period "correct". You're mixing a 16013 dial and crown with a 16030 bezel and 1604 bracelet.

That's the great thing about DateJusts, you can mix and match to come up with anything you like. I put a 16234 dial in my 16014 build and never looked back.

Nice build!

With the gold bezel back on it's 16013...with a 1604 bracelet. Correct? @tomhorn

B

Edited by bobandshawn

• 2 years later...
8 minutes ago, Carlos serralta said:

hello good I do not know much about this topic of franken watches etc ... but I would like to buy one or where do you do to get the pieces to make mine if you are so kind because it seems amazing to me !!! Greetings !!

hello good I do not know why you still posted here, it's the 2 years old thread dude and that's not cool......but It would be great if you just create a new thread. Welcome to the RWG 🥳