When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wich movement is this

TAG Heuer

TH:

Here is one way to spot 28xx etaclones:

If there is only one notch in the balance jewel setting for the jewel spring, chances are it is an etaclone.  ETA has 3 notches.

This is for the balance spring type pictured, Incabloc types are another story.

I have two watches with etaclones and both have ETA stamping under the balance wheel but both have only one jewel spring notch so that's still the first thing I look at.  Some Asian etaclones may have 3 notches by now but I have not seen any...yet.

4 minutes ago, automatico said:

TH:

Here is one way to spot 28xx etaclones:

If there is only one notch in the balance jewel setting for the jewel spring, chances are it is an etaclone.  ETA has 3 notches.

This is for the balance spring type pictured, Incabloc types are another story.

I have two watches with etaclones and both have ETA stamping under the balance wheel but both have only one jewel spring notch so that's still the first thing I look at.  Some Asian etaclones may have 3 notches by now but I have not seen any...yet.

My knowledge of movements is not that great:D But where can I find those notches:g:

But this pieces is for sure an asian clone 2824/36

Actually I'm thinking it's an Asian 2834-2- the movement is anchored to the case with hold down screws and tabs outside the movement proper. The 2834 has that exterior ring to support the Day wheel. I don't see any markings under the balance wheel, another good indication of a clone.

"But where can I find those notches?"

On the top picture, locate the redish purple jewel above the center of the balance wheel.  Look closely and you will see a gold three pointed spring ring around the outside diameter of the jewel...this spring holds the balance jewels in place.  The silver part just outside of the gold jewel spring is the 'jewel setting' and it has only one notch for removing the three pointed gold spring.  Genuine ETAs have three.

On 9-4-2018 at 5:00 PM, alligoat said:

Actually I'm thinking it's an Asian 2834-2- the movement is anchored to the case with hold down screws and tabs outside the movement proper. The 2834 has that exterior ring to support the Day wheel. I don't see any markings under the balance wheel, another good indication of a clone.

18 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

A2824.

Aha two different opinions on this one. That makes it a lot easier for me guys:tease:

22 hours ago, automatico said:

"But where can I find those notches?"

On the top picture, locate the redish purple jewel above the center of the balance wheel.  Look closely and you will see a gold three pointed spring ring around the outside diameter of the jewel...this spring holds the balance jewels in place.  The silver part just outside of the gold jewel spring is the 'jewel setting' and it has only one notch for removing the three pointed gold spring.  Genuine ETAs have three.

Thank you. I see it now:notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...