When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice for 6241 mods

vincentjm

Hi guys!

So I'm a huge fan of the 6241. Probably my one and only grail watch. 

I have the 6241 with the venus 75 from Trusty and it's been working great so far.

All I've done to it mod wise, is a new bakelite bezel (mark 1 style), and a genuine 7835 bracelet with 557 endlinks.

After doing some more research, the 6 o'clock subdial and the case shape (the lugs in particular) is starting to bother me... that the hour counter isn't working is fine since, well let's be real, when is anyone really going to count hours on their chronograph lol.

I saw in another thread a guy that modded the cartel to accept a ingod44 dial with the "correct" subdial spacings.

Now on to my actual question:

Is it worth it sourcing a dial and modding mine? Or should I just ball up and invest in a new case (phong?) and a new movement (which movement?)?

Or what about the reps from DW?

Would really appreciate some help and input! :)

Edited by vincentjm

Depends on how much you want to spend. A phong case uses a valjoux 72 movement and to build a decent phong based 6241 will cost around four to five thousand USD. It’s well worth modding the cartel Daytona and you can achieve great results,  this thread will explain the dial swap 

New dials are available (quality varies) but say $250 to $300 for a decent dial. Case can be reshaped, which you can do yourself if you have those skills or there are modders who for can do it for you. DW Daytonas are sort after and are no longer made, good case shape but incorrect sub dial spacing, depends how much this bothers you. 

This is is my cartel Venus 75 based 6239 with the dial swap. I haven’t the skills so I bought mine from another member. By the way how did you get the new bezel to fit the case? That usually this requires machining the bezel or case?

A1F6A6F3-893B-4005-BA4F-CA18B315A7FF.jpeg

Edited by SuperDanX