When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tightening the cartel 1665 bezel assembly

Champagnesky

you may be missing the friction ring? if not, bend it a little bit to reduce the diameter and that will help. Now if your a 1665 is Gen specs 1665 the best option is a phong Complete assembly. I have one on my MBW and I could not be happier

• Like 1

On 2018-04-09 at 10:33 PM, cib0rgman said:

you may be missing the friction ring? if not, bend it a little bit to reduce the diameter and that will help. Now if your a 1665 is Gen specs 1665 the best option is a phong Complete assembly. I have one on my MBW and I could not be happier

On 2018-04-09 at 10:33 PM, cib0rgman said:

10 hours ago, kilowattore said:

Remove the outer bezel, take the friction ring and bend it in four places. Don't worry to bend it too much, do it as much as you can. Press the outer bezel back in place. Voilà. :)

thx, i think i may be missing the ring, how do i remove the outer ring, it sits so tight?

I first try to pop the bezel off by placing the watch on a relatively soft surface (pine wood board etc), leaned slightly toward the front side with the crown up.  Next, push down on the case with thumbs on each side of the crown hard enough to push the slack between the bezel and case to the up side while also pushing the bezel away from the case...and awaaay it goes.  Usually.

They fall off easy enough on their own so it does not take much to pop one off.

Pop one off!   :pimp:

• Like 1

On 2018-04-12 at 6:49 PM, automatico said:

I first try to pop the bezel off by placing the watch on a relatively soft surface (pine wood board etc), leaned slightly toward the front side with the crown up.  Next, push down on the case with thumbs on each side of the crown hard enough to push the slack between the bezel and case to the up side while also pushing the bezel away from the case...and awaaay it goes.  Usually.

They fall off easy enough on their own so it does not take much to pop one off.

Pop one off!   :pimp:

thx, the problem is that the retention ring and the bezel ring sit very tight together on the 1665 and they pop out in one piece.

• Like 1

My MBWs and my Phongs do that too.  It's easy to separate the parts once you have them off the case.

Go ahead and warp the spring, but be EXTRA careful that it stays concentric with the rehaut neck as you press the bezel on.  My Phongflake is notorious for this... I can get the bezel on with the spring captured funny in there, and it's impossible to turn.  Remove and repeat, and when it clicks on right, it's suddenly very obvious that it's right... it's proud of the case a smidgen, and doesn't want to move much, but when I push it down it turns smoothly.

• Like 1