When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer II GMT Hand Issue

Brad Wiliams

Not sure if I may need to start a new post but had a concern over the new NOOB A2836 model Rep white Explorer II. The GMT hand is very thin and it is bent at an upwards angle and slightly canted. It's so high it looks as if it may scrape the hour hand as it passes. The clasp also has a deep gouge in the metal attachment underneath. I messaged Ryan at Intime where I purchased from and he stated the GMT hand may have been "hard set" - not sure what that means. Ryan advised they may look at it and see if that is the case but nothing can be done about the clasp. I asked if an exchange is possible and Ryan stated he could ask the factory.

So I'm contemplating what to do about the GMT hand. Reading on the Forum, it seems you cannot expect perfection with RW, but I have no experience. $30 shipping to return to chance a possible repair or exchange - sounds like no guarantee for either and who knows how long the watch will take to come back. I thought of a Jeweler to repair but the cost could be as much as shipping to Ryan and I feel odd bringing a RW in. I thought maybe I could do it myself but not familiar with that.

Anyone with comments or suggestions please chime in - it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Brad Wiliams