When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW/MBK numbers...

automatico

After looking at the early MBW '1680' that Stephane has for sale and reading some past posts on MBW/MBK watches, I looked at my four examples and posted the serial numbers so maybe members with MBW/MBK watches might compare their reference and serial numbers.  I have read the 'original MBW' cases were not made by the same outfit that made the later 'MBK' models but it seems no one knows for sure.  

https://rwg.cc/topic/191826-rolex-1680-mbw-old-school-2007-historical-modified-by-mm-tribal/

Here are the numbers:

'5513' from about 5 or 6 years back (iirc)...stamped '5513', serial number  L342386

Two '1680' from Narikaa in early 2012...both stamped '1680', serial numbers  L342043 and  L342301

'5512' from early 2017...stamped '5512', serial number  L342327

All four have 'Orig Polex Design' laser etched on them.  All four have the extra O ring groove in the case under the crystal retaining bezel.  All four are identical except for crystals, reference, and serial numbers.  All have 26.0mm dial windows.  I modified one '1680' case to accept oem spec 26.5mm 1680 dials by machining the dial window a bit.  The others are as delivered except the lug holes were drilled to 1.3mm.

If they were numbered in order there are 343 cases between the lowest and highest numbers I have, but no telling when they were made.  Maybe all made around the same time, who knows?  I also wonder if the later '1665' models had thicker cases and not regular 55xx and 1680 cases.  My '5512' had a 1665 bezel on it when delivered from 'Rolexfinder' to the fellow I got it from.

I will always wonder how many were made.

• 5 weeks later...

My 1680 from 2006 is L341068

iKihIr.jpg

I got this from BigRedJoe69. He put on a smaller rep crown, trimmed the cgs and installed a gen crystal that I furnished. I've installed a gen insert and a gen 93150 with 580 ends and drilled out the lugholes.