When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex for some mods to France

TAG Heuer

After several years active on mostly Dutch watch forum, I have developed a personal taste for vintage watches. Tried to make the watches vintage themselves, but always stuck on bleeching the insert and put some schratches on them:D

Then I bought some "modded" pieces from my friend Peter (Replica01) and soon find out that they look much better. I bought a piece that came from @kilowattore and that is a asome piece. I also saw some watches from Peter which have been modded by Tripdog (RWG.bz) So now I have decided to let Tripdog put some of his magic on these watches below.

First watch is the Rolex 5517. This one has already a swiss movement and gen pearl. Trip is going to rework the whole case and lightly reshape the crystal and give it more patina.

Second watch is a Cartel base 1675. This one is going to need a compleet overhaul. 

Case reshaped - slimmed as it's too thick, Lugs slimmed, crown guards re-shaped, Bezel ring re-shaped, All case parts re-polished and brushed, Bracelet re-polished and brushed, and new crystal and insert, Some texture and patina on the dial, DW and hands.

Maybe later a Vietnam dial and swiss movement.;)

I wait anxiously and keep you informed:drool:

IMG_7500.thumb.JPG.1d8b4ff97d1ea3c0e158367399437124.JPGIMG_7498.thumb.JPG.251f0462be1d038f0c3b4dca55ffd967.JPG

1675.jpg

1675-1.jpg

1675-2.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally my wacthes are finished. Trip send me some pics of the watches and they really look awesome. I'm very satisfied with the results. 

The 1675 looks so much better and the 5517 is now perfect. Thanks again Trip for your excellent work. More to come in future😊

First the 1675:

As discussed, the 1675 has had the case slimmed and reshaped, the bracelet softened, re-brushed and polished. The beel ring was slimmed and re-polished. A new crystal was fitted, a new insert was aged, faded and fitted. I re-lumed the hands so that they match the dial better. I also lightly aged the date wheel. The bezel ring was adjusted so that it's a little firmer to turn.

c99MY4N.jpg

gkL9k9S.jpg

KhVfH6m.jpg

qsQW6CV.jpg

The 5517, I reshaped the case, especially the lugs and crown guards. I drilled the lugs and fitted 2 mm 316 steel bars. I lightly reshaped and polished the crystal, I also did a little work on the insert to give it a more gen like appearance. The whole case has been lightly aged, re-brushed and re-polished. The bezel ring was adjusted so that it's a little firmer to turn.

hUehx2U.jpg

iKdbHlk.jpg

NnjLB5F.jpg

QFaR9CE.jpg