When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sh 3135 to gen

dj_nut

Hi guys, my ARF 3135 movement committed suicide, the reverse wheels exploded, and bit got into the rest of the movement. So I have been buying genuine parts bit by bit,

The list is as follows....

Gen:-

Barrel harbour complete.

Ratchet wheel

Great wheel

Driving wheel

Third wheel (centre seconds)

Minute pinion and cannon pinion.

Minute wheel

Escape wheel

Pallet fork

Pallet bridge

Train wheel bridge

Automatic winding device complete with rotor,

Mainplate

I have learned every tiny detail of the China version compared to the genuine. Almost every part is interchangeable except balance. So now I have 3 more bridges to buy, a balance wheel and bridge, balance guard, adjuster nuts.

Date carrier plate and full set of gen blue carrier screws. b2601e818efb7a945fda83c186d872bd.jpg59e7255179bdd44991044c0d877f7420.jpg36f37e4194cdda876df829f339c62079.jpgfec58c8a58123e8c9fafed2cc01eb96c.jpg956bb0b27d8aa358b499eeda9d8748de.jpgba76965efa430020d930c7b4ecb98e91.jpge13f9f258ead19f67aa83c0a36e79e08.jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice, built several of these myself. I will let you in on this before you go crazy trying to figure it out as i see you bought the palet fork already. The Sh3135's chinese balance won't work with gen palet and vs versa. They are set up for different heights. I've gotten them to run, but not well and not for long. I've gotten everything else to convert out so all gen but mainplate, balance, palet and palet bridge and for some reason the cannon pinion bc the cannon pinion bridge has holes instead of the legs on the Sh's. How did you get that to work on there???? 

move.jpg

And shoot me a pm if you need any parts, have bins and bins full of the different chinese clone movement parts.

Nice, built several of these myself. I will let you in on this before you go crazy trying to figure it out as i see you bought the palet fork already. The Sh3135's chinese balance won't work with gen palet and vs versa. They are set up for different heights. I've gotten them to run, but not well and not for long. I've gotten everything else to convert out so all gen but mainplate, balance, palet and palet bridge and for some reason the cannon pinion bc the cannon pinion bridge has holes instead of the legs on the Sh's. How did you get that to work on there???? 

move.thumb.jpg.f2a3f320d292061d51abe29cfc5f98df.jpg
And shoot me a pm if you need any parts, have bins and bins full of the different chinese clone movement parts.
I need one of those minute bridges, that's part of the 3 still to get.

Where did you get the hairspring wheel and bridge and balance, look great.
I have a supplier in the UK. He supplied most movement parts, and just fitted gen white gold tritium hands he supplied. Damn they are heavy for the size. Also ordered my holy grail dial. DSC_0414.jpegDSC_0412.jpegDSC_0407.jpeg_20180509_083010.jpeg

Nice! How much invested do you have into that franken watch, that is more genuine than rep? I'm wondering if it's worth it buying parts or just buying a pre-owned.
It might have been cheaper to buy a complete movement, but the way I done it ensured it's all right and not something I may have to spend a [censored] load more money on. A new sealed unit upto and beyond £2.5k, I am £1,465 in the movement, gen wg lume hands £52. And buying a concentric dial for £402 Inc shipping on Friday. Plus another set of hands to match yg lume gen. Somewhere I have a gen 18k yg bezel and crown... Somewhere lol. b2e2e74a325d167f2d555e6028f8dd6d.jpg

• 11 months later...
On 4/25/2018 at 3:28 AM, Time Bandit said:

move.jpg

Hi, 

Nice to hear that you have Chinese clone movement parts. Could you please give me an Asian 7750 escape wheel if you have? Thanks. 

• 4 years later...