When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner V8 Noob or V8 ARF?

Littlechilds

Been looking for a 1:1 replica for a year now, and while waiting for stock to come in, I've been adding to my collection with a great Phoibos diver, a few G-shocks, and a Russian Vostock.  Sold my Authentic Breitling to fund all these fun watches:)

I really want...yes, you guessed it...Rolex Submariner Rep.

The question is ...debating between these 2 at the moment....which one is more accurate?......

1) Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic Noob 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet A2836 V8s

= $478US

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/rolex/submariner/submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-noob-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2836-v8s.html#

2) Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet A2824

= $478US

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/rolex/submariner/submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824.html

Any direction which has better replication would be appreciated as I do see significant difference between the two!

Thanks!

The Noob 2836 and 3135 use different cases though the dealers often use the same pictures. The Noob 3135 is the most accurate case. Lots of Fraken builds with gen dial, hands, crown, bezel insert and crystal built on the Noob 3135

A lot depends who is doing the comparison. Some of our guys you can’t sneak anything past. AD can usually tell, though they have been caught out before. Most of the population, not a hope, most of the people I see daily can’t tell my gen R factory Sub from my $20 Quartz knock off, which I find hilarious 

Hello gentlemen,

whats better?

1- GMT-MASTER II 116710 BLNR BLACK/BLUE CERAMIC 1:1 NOOB BEST EDITION A3187 (CORRECT HAND STACK)

$418.00

or

2- GMT-MASTER II 116710 BLNR BLACK/BLUE CERAMIC 1:1 NOOB BEST EDITION ON SS BRACELET A2836

$358.00

what would you recommend ? 

6 minutes ago, Littlechilds said:

A&P... did you just hyjack my thread?

Probably would have been better to start a new thread. You are both new, so just relax and let the conversation flow. Sometimes we get off track, but we can always get back on again

Hello littlechild,

i am so sorry . No I honestly haven’t had much experience in forums I was only trying to ask a similar question like you. I wasn’t aware of making a new thread or something . If you guys could show me I would appreciate it .

• Like 1

Thank you. Honestly I’m just trying to purchase my first replica watch. I’ve done a lot of research out here and littlechilds post was really good , so I thought I’d just reply with something like that . I went on puretime05.com, and I’m going to purchase a watch. You guys think this is a good website correct ? Honestly I’m very afraid of certain websites. But if you guys say it’s okay, I believe in your experiences.

Puretime05 is the correct site. They are a TD here so we can help with any issues. 

For$500 you will get a good rep. I wouldn’t completely trust the waterproofing on a new rep, but it is a simple matter for a good watchsmith to grease the gaskets and threads as well as pressure test it, if you really need it watertight. Premium 1:1 like AAAAA+ is marketing BS. If it was 1:1 Rolex would be out of business. There are always tells, but they get smaller and smaller on the best reps and often need super magnification to spot anyway. It becomes an obsession learning about these tiny details

When u do find a good Rep, try to find a watchsmith that is willing to work on one then u can enjoy it for 10+years. Keep up on the forum and the forumners will always point u in the right direction. 

Oh and I'm loving my ARF Rolex Sea Dweller. Great ootb Rep 

Edited by rendra.rusdi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, the v9 just came out, and seeing puretime is offering a 5% discount if you sign up to their news letter, looks like now is a good time to finally pull the trigger on a (gulp) $650CAD fake haha.

What's shocking to me though...is the $90 price tag for a box to accompany my watch!   I want one, but no way I can justify that price!

Edited by Littlechilds