When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old Rolex clasp on new rolex jubilee bracelet

ziax

Hey everyone i want to put an older aftermarket square Rolex Datejust clasp on this watch heres the link http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_12&products_id=17139 i was wondering if it would fit i assume it would as its the same size bracelet but i might be wrong, if anyone could answer my question that would be fantastic.

Cheers

Freddie 

The new bracelet has the hidden clasp. So try taking off the hidden clasp- unscrew the links at each end and see what you have. Then you'll need to screw in the link from the front of the old clasp and hopefully connect the other end of the bracelet to the end of the clasp with a pin- one of those 16mm depressable pins like on a buckle for a leather watch band. I don't know if it'll work. I'd personally just go buy a $20 old style jubilee from riyi002 or one of the other HK merchants.  

You can do that, but it will require a lot of modifying. I think one of the problems you will run into, is the buckles fold differently. The short end of the old style will have to go on the long end of the new style, and vice versa. I can't imagine why you would want to do that, but it is your watch and you can do whatever you want to. Good luck!!

Ah ok thanks i probably will leave it to be honest, im gonna buy the bp daydate 36mm instead.

Cheers
Freddie

The new bracelet has the hidden clasp. So try taking off the hidden clasp- unscrew the links at each end and see what you have. Then you'll need to screw in the link from the front of the old clasp and hopefully connect the other end of the bracelet to the end of the clasp with a pin- one of those 16mm depressable pins like on a buckle for a leather watch band. I don't know if it'll work. I'd personally just go buy a $20 old style jubilee from riyi002 or one of the other HK merchants.  

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Ah ok thanks i will probably leave it to be honest, im gonna buy a bp rolex daydate 36mm instead.

Cheers
Freddie

You can do that, but it will require a lot of modifying. I think one of the problems you will run into, is the buckles fold differently. The short end of the old style will have to go on the long end of the new style, and vice versa. I can't imagine why you would want to do that, but it is your watch and you can do whatever you want to. Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk