When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dose anyone know what factory made this Sub?!

justinelite11

Hey Fellas

I recently fell on this piece in a trade, being told this was a V7 when I got my hands on it I knew something was different... Bezel wasn't the bland dark grey on the insert ... The SEL was perfection and the clasp code didn't check out so I almost immediately ruled out it being a V7... the build quality and everything on this is very gen like as I have a gen 116610LV ... Now with this said the flaws come in the ways of the rehaut and the ingravings not being the solid lines we all know... With my small knowledge of reps I am very confused by this "Noob is the best" mentality I have had one before but I believe imo is this a better rep and of better quality. If anyone can help me figure out what factory .. version... Etc.

The Clasp Code is 6YZ and SEL is RS

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday! ef3c9ce43d6bf2616263dd987c870887.jpgd2af9430b9ba408a88e4a1e23b694c9b.jpg193996d4918ba4622fffe1043e9b9215.jpgf43c4fae8e99d0fcd1a9791215143804.jpg3f1f531aed49e8500f9ac1b870771722.jpgff80020204985a448b98c3722e060189.jpg1dd95f52962ff97d82bb5d0daa671fac.jpgc8da08c1dc729c38d24bf1b0d941a5f3.jpg

Sent from my U732 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

6YZ code is used by BP and GMF, but most of their clasps have polished inner blade. Yours isn't

Only sanded 6YZ clasp, which I am aware of is BP with miyota9015.

Still does not make sense as this isn't the miyota dial, the dial looks like Noob v6s.

Do you know which movement it has?

Can you post a better resolution photo of the ctystal cyclops and bezel pearl?

And the rehaut, I didn't get what you mean with "not being the solid lines".

3 hours ago, k4jun said:

6YZ code is used by BP and GMF, but most of their clasps have polished inner blade. Yours isn't

Only sanded 6YZ clasp, which I am aware of is BP with miyota9015.

Still does not make sense as this isn't the miyota dial, the dial looks like Noob v6s.

Do you know which movement it has?

Can you post a better resolution photo of the ctystal cyclops and bezel pearl?

And the rehaut, I didn't get what you mean with "not being the solid lines".

I was told by the gentleman I got it off of that it was a v7 and said 2836 but with the instant date change I kinda was thinking it was a BP piece with the Swiss ETA 2836 version but somethings still aren't matching up so this has left me nothing but confused.... but don't get me wrong I'm not complaining at all! I love it and I think out of box this is pretty close. I'm working with an iPhone for pictures right now as I am a teacher and teach in a remote community. The Rehaut just seems too light not as deep as the double lined V7 again.... not complaining I'm really knit picking. I will try and post some better pictures tonight though.

If you see anything you can point out please do .... I'm trying to figure out if I should mod this piece or just catch and release this beauty.

17 hours ago, justinelite11 said:

I was told by the gentleman I got it off of that it was a v7 and said 2836 but with the instant date change I kinda was thinking it was a BP piece with the Swiss ETA 2836 version but somethings still aren't matching up so this has left me nothing but confused.... but don't get me wrong I'm not complaining at all! I love it and I think out of box this is pretty close. I'm working with an iPhone for pictures right now as I am a teacher and teach in a remote community. The Rehaut just seems too light not as deep as the double lined V7 again.... not complaining I'm really knit picking. I will try and post some better pictures tonight though.

If you see anything you can point out please do .... I'm trying to figure out if I should mod this piece or just catch and release this beauty.

Yes, it is ETA case you can tell by the crownguards. And it is BP serial so... your watch is either late BP or GMF:) (people say GMF is made in 100% of BP parts)

Early BP had awful bezel insert, yours is much nicer so it's GMF or recently updated BP, I can't tell more.

The most important thing is that watch is period correct: clasp+rehaut+dial, that does not happen often in reps.

I think you did a good deal, this watch is better than Noob v7, I love the crystal - it's superior over the v7.

Personally I wouldn't touch it, watch looks nice oob and you can't improve eta case anyhow.

What do you want to mod? BP case is not gen spec.

Yes, it is ETA case you can tell by the crownguards. And it is BP serial so... your watch is either late BP or GMF:) (people say GMF is made in 100% of BP parts)
Early BP had awful bezel insert, yours is much nicer so it's GMF or recently updated BP, I can't tell more.

The most important thing is that watch is period correct: clasp+rehaut+dial, that does not happen often in reps.
I think you did a good deal, this watch is better than Noob v7, I love the crystal - it's superior over the v7.

Personally I wouldn't touch it, watch looks nice oob and you can't improve eta case anyhow.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! its been bugging me so much lol and yes I agree I believe this is better than a v7 for sure... Still confused with the whole noob is best thing people have in their heads.

And I wasn't too sure honestly I was gonna wait till I seen what I had to see what I had to do and see what I could mod but with that said I appreciate all your effort and help. I kinda thought it was a BP but just wasn't sure at all they also make so many versions of the sub with different movements so glad I finally had someone with much more knowledge and cleared this up! Again thank you brother!

Sent from my U732 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, k4jun said:

How can you tell by the cg,...supposed to be a lower stem and crown?

• 2 weeks later...