When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

case tube size for Bond 300 Professional?

Timelord

Greetings to all!!!

A couple of years ago, I purchased a 40th anniversary 007 Bond replica from a forum member for my brother who has been very happy with it ever since.

It has now starting to show some wear on the crown thread.  I am not sure where forum member purchased it from as he has been inactive on forum for over a year.

would anyone know or has had some experience in replacing crown and tube with a generic screw down crown.  I am in particularly interested in the measure of the tube of the part that fits into the case.  I know that the genuine one does not do the job as it is too short for this sort of case.  Also Omega have stopped selling spares just like Roles.  Suggestions of replacing it with an ordinary non screw down is an option, but I would like to leave that as the last resort.  Any info much appreciated with thanks!!! 

14 hours ago, kernow said:

Cousins UK I believe can get the parts. @SSTEEL did my Seamasters with the same problem. 

Thanks!!!!

It hasn't been very easy getting items from Cousins UK as in the past, especially with what Omega/Swatch group have done with their spare parts policy. 

As for SSTEEL, his work is exceptional !!!!  The only problem with sending overseas is the issues I have had with our useless postal services. I am still tracking a lost item from 2012 as some postmen don't know how to read ?

Edited by Timelord
typing error

On 5/7/2018 at 4:31 AM, Timelord said:

Greetings to all!!!

A couple of years ago, I purchased a 40th anniversary 007 Bond replica from a forum member for my brother who has been very happy with it ever since.

It has now starting to show some wear on the crown thread.  I am not sure where forum member purchased it from as he has been inactive on forum for over a year.

would anyone know or has had some experience in replacing crown and tube with a generic screw down crown.  I am in particularly interested in the measure of the tube of the part that fits into the case.  I know that the genuine one does not do the job as it is too short for this sort of case.  Also Omega have stopped selling spares just like Roles.  Suggestions of replacing it with an ordinary non screw down is an option, but I would like to leave that as the last resort.  Any info much appreciated with thanks!!! 

Here we go OP, you need this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Seamaster-Crown-Factory-New-Stainless-Steel-screw-down-5-6-mm-with-tube/253417129733?hash=item3b00d68705:g:h48AAOSw65FXve0L

it is the ebay account of clarks, buy with confidence.

Edited by k4jun

• 1 month later...
On 9 May 2018 at 6:21 AM, k4jun said:

Endless thanks! Just hope the case tube fits in the case hole as it must be 2.5mm in diameter on the rep.  Genuines and replicas don't always use same size parts.  

3 hours ago, Stomper said:

The gen tube  is not a direct fit, you will need to center it and glue it (JB Weld) it to the case

Just as I  expected!!  Better in this case to replace with a generic stainless steel screw down crown.  On mine I know it must be 5.5mm - being diameter of crown and most importantly the diameter of the tube end that is pressed onto the case being 2.5mm.  I have been unsuccessful so far as the only generic ones I have located are plated screw down crowns.  Omega genuine tube will cause problems if case end is too thin. With jb weld it will still break off due to torque used to unscrew and screw down

Edited by Timelord