When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received my new DSSD, now how to remove the diver extension?

Nummer14

Hi guys! I recieved this beauty today;

mxG80Kl.jpg

And I love it! I have also sourced a RubberB strap, complete with clasp, for it. However both the bracelet and the RubberB are a bit too big, now I can of course remove links from the bracelet, but not from the rubber strap, so I would like to remove the divers extension. However I have no clue how.

I searched all the forums, and tried all methods, seeing if at certain angels the last bit would turn so I can reach the screw, but alas, no such luck.

When I extend the bracelet completely the screw is partly visible (circled in red), but not enough to remove it. I also noticed that there are 2 small holes at the inside of the slidelock (also circled in red), and it looks like springbars in there too, I've tried opening these in order to remove the link, but no such luck again.

Anybody have any idea on how to do so? I have added 2 close-ups from the bracelet (easier to photograph than the rubber strap since that's on the watch) but both the bracelet and the rubber strap / bracelet have the exact same mechanism

Any help is greatly appreciated

mgm3rpj.jpg

tF9hrrD.jpg

The clasp should extend far enough that you can get the screw out, at least on both of mine they did.

Maybe you can slide the bracelet all the way to the smallest position so you can see why it wont  open all the way up .

Be careful taking that spring bars out, at the ends of that are 2 little tiny "shoes" that ride in the track on the clasp and those are a pain in the azz to get fitted back .

• Like 2

Nice watch Hans. It looks like a springbar in the lower pic but I'm afraid that if you remove the diver extension, you wil not be able to fix it on the clasp.

Read on the Dutch forum that you fixed it

Eventually I managed to slide it out far enough so I could unscrew the extension, and indeed as[mention=45345]raddave[/mention] mentioned those shoes are a pain. One of them slipped out, but after cursing just about anything on this planet I managed to get it back in.