When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Time stopped or slow when wearing watch (SH3132)

WatchingSG

2 days ago, I received my JF V2 Explorer with SH3132 movement. I noticed that when the watch is place on a flat service like table etc , the piece runs perfect time. However when I wear the watch , the time will stop after a while or even if it runs, the time will slow by over 10 minutes within an hour.

Does anyone have similar experiences?

What can I do to solve the issue other than send the watch back to china or send for local repairs which could easily cost me $159 or more

Thanks for your advise or recommendations in advance 23f11f15c3b549310c192e42082d9b78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When you wear the watch, does the secondhand go fully round or does it stuck?? 

It could also be the rotor being a bit loose. If you say that it runs perfect on a flat surface, then i assume the movement is ok. 

I hope you get more options as I am not an expert😉

• Like 1

When you wear the watch, does the secondhand go fully round or does it stuck?? 
It could also be the rotor being a bit loose. If you say that it runs perfect on a flat surface, then i assume the movement is ok. 

I hope you get more options as I am not an expert

When I wear the watch, the seconds hand goes fully round. I researched some discussions in other forums. Some reported similar issues with their seiko , orient etc
A few reported that a screw was loose so they got it fixed because it’s under warranty.

I’m still skeptical of sending the watch back to china, not sure if it will be confiscated by china’s custom.

"...when the watch is place on a flat service like table etc , the piece runs perfect time. However when I wear the watch, the time will stop after a while or even if it runs, the time will slow by over 10 minutes within an hour."

It can be anything from a broken or damaged balance staff to dry balance jewels, dust, a speck on a train wheel etc.  From what I have read about these movements they are mostly Ok but may need to be disassembled, cleaned, and oiled before they will run reliably. 

If you send it back to China you may never see it again...this has been my experience.  Others have had better luck.

Options:

You can get a forum member who works on this movement to fix it or maybe get someone to fix it locally.  If you try to have it repaired locally, many repair shops will not work on replicas and you may have to remove the movement from the watch along with the hands and dial...even then they may not work on it.

Another problem is no parts are available.  Some genuine parts will work but they are expensive.

I am afraid there is not much good news because all options will cost $$.

My explorer story:

I have one of the 39mm explorers and it came with a 2836 etaclone that promptly went from running, to running and stopping, then to not running at all.  The fix was a new swiss eta 2836.  I also re-cemented all the markers to the dial on the back side to prevent them from falling off later (common replica problem).  I did not get a watch with the rolexclone movement because they are hit or miss with no parts and with an etaclone you can have it repaired or swap it for a genuine swiss eta and be done with it.  Many genuine eta parts will work in etaclone 28xx if needed but I chose to abandon the clone movement.

1 hour ago, Legend said:

That makes sense. Where is OP from?

I believe Singapore.....

• 4 weeks later...

Since it's new, best to contact the dealer and send it back. Don't worry about China customs, I have sent watches back without any issues. You will only incur the costs to send it back, rest of it is the dealer's. If you try to get it fixed locally, the costs will be more than the shipping.

• Like 1

Since it's new, best to contact the dealer and send it back. Don't worry about China customs, I have sent watches back without any issues. You will only incur the costs to send it back, rest of it is the dealer's. If you try to get it fixed locally, the costs will be more than the shipping.

Yes I’ve sent back to china. At first the tracking showed the package have been detained by china’s custom...
luckily the package was released
Hopefully the repairs is ok
I’m still waiting

• 2 weeks later...

I always advocate getting the watch fixed locally whenever possible, for the following reasons

1. The factory movements frequently, if not always arrives dirty and poorly lubricated. Exchanging one watch for another does not resolve this issue. The replacement may or may not be running well.

2. Transit shipping itself poses a risk, both in terms of custom detention, loss or possible jolting or rough handling of the watches. Screws, rotors and even springs can become dislodged in the process. The dealer will claim he sent a perfectly working watch, but you may receive junk. Such mysteries are often solved when one realizes how packages are handled during the shipping process. I have seen cockroach carcasses get treated better.

3. The dealer does not really resolve the issue of the watch, but rather, replaces it with another one, which may have a different issue. That is watch repair for you in China. The cost of replacement is far lower than the cost of proper repair/service. 

4. Getting the watch serviced properly is an upgrade, in terms of movement cleanliness, lubrication, and time regulation. It will ensure that your watch keeps good time, has a healthy power reserve and is reliable (as reliable as the movement design will allow), and helps you ensure that you will enjoy your watch for a longer period. Of course, if you are buying a watch just to try it on for fun, then forgo the service. But if you really like the watch and want to enjoy it properly, then get the movement, the heart of the watch, in a healthy and pristine condition. 

• Like 1

You know what guys? This is what troubles me the most. Everytime I think about new rep, and I see tons of threads with movement issues and stuff, I just... It's not very tempting taking part in a lottery. One lucky guy gets 100% working and pretty waterproof watch (like the guy who dived in his brand new out of the box SD43), and someone else gets watch that stops randomly.

TDs should offer a reliable pre-sale service and inspection (of course paid extra, nothing's free :)). It'd be profitable for them, as customers were happy, and no problems with people sending watches back. I know that some TDs offer watch service for extra $$ but everytime someone mentions it, people say it's not worth the money as this service is very poor. We are aware that making reps is kinda shady business, and factories cannot keep 100% best procedures with assembly and service, but TD's watchmaker should have no trouble with maintaining clean environment at his workshop, and some special care for the watches. Cost of prepairings for this service won't be high, they could document with pics that they DO CARE about quality and reliability, and people would go for it. Especially if they see that their newly arrived watch works fine for a long time.

Edited by XM195

• 1 month later...

Finally after 2 months+, I’ve received the watch after repairs in china. The repairs cost USD$19.00. Very reasonable. And since I’ve also ordered a new VSF Super clone GMT, shipping was combined. So far, the piece runs strong.

My experience for repairs in china. One must have lots of patience. Shipping back to china it was held at customs and I thought that was the end of my piece. Eventually it cleared custom and was delivered. unknown factors such as repair fees, duration can be frustrating. Overall, it was worth it because the piece was new.

07ddcae7f97a1fd8100d1c54699f0e26.jpg

2 hours ago, WatchingSG said:

Finally after 2 months+, I’ve received the watch after repairs in china. The repairs cost USD$19.00. Very reasonable. And since I’ve also ordered a new VSF Super clone GMT, shipping was combined. So far, the piece runs strong.

My experience for repairs in china. One must have lots of patience. Shipping back to china it was held at customs and I thought that was the end of my piece. Eventually it cleared custom and was delivered. unknown factors such as repair fees, duration can be frustrating. Overall, it was worth it because the piece was new.

Thanks for the update and since you have just received it, keep us informed again in say a couple of months, just to make sure they have not just replaced the movement with another one of their recently assembled hit or miss movements.

Lets remember that although these suppliers are trusted dealers, they do not necessarily have to be watch smiths in the sense that they know what the internals of what they are selling have. Even more important, lets keep in mind that this hobby we follow isn't exactly supported by a perfectly legal business either because it is an infringement of intellectual and propriety rights to the true owners of the brand:cc_hang:  Which is why it is strongly recommended that you do not ever raise any unpleasant issues with paypal as a first line option

As for professionally watch makers they can also be a hit or a miss. Some are good and some are not so good, regardless of training or qualifications.  I personally knew one that could put square pegs into round holes and vice versa.  Lets say that he could see outside the square and improvise very much like a jazz pianist as opposed to a classically trained piano player that just performs what he reads in front of him.  Most qualified watchmakers are like classically trained pianists.  If you are lucky to have a jazz trained watchmaker which I believe can still be found, then you should take your replica watch to him and get a proper makeover like a complete service  Pay him what he asks as you will not regret it!!!!

The other option is if you are confident in removing the movement from it yourself and as Automatico mentioned, remove the hands and dial and send it off to have it completely serviced to someone that is willing to just service a movement.  A fiurther option you may choose if you are good at this part, is to buy a sterile dial from ebay and fit it onto it and take it into ANY reputable watch smith, then they will see it as just that and will service it for you without thinking twice about whether it is a knockoff, replica or a wart from a cl@#.

I have found some watchmakers that are great at their art, but also have small minds when it comes to replica watches.  As an experiment I took  into the same watchmaker my MBW submariner and he frowned at me in advising me to throw it into the rubbish bin after he opened it to find an eta movement in it.  When I returned home, I removed the dial and replaced it with a sterile raffles dial and asked my wife to go to the same watchmaker a few weeks later.  He gave her what I considered a reasonable quote for what was needed.  So you see it is all in the mind.  What is an image??? In our world of small minds -EVERYTHING!!!!!

I learnt to do a lot myself and can service my own watches but poor eye sight and a bad Carpel Tunnel operation has put the brakes on me.  As for etaclones,  Automatico again hits the nail on the head with one full blow!!!  With my experience, they are not worth the risk as for the price of one third more, you might as well get the real McCoy!!!!  I have had nothing but problems with their crappy keyless works with yokes breaking, flimsy set lever springs snapping when hooking onto the post, shot through reverser wheels and tin thin like parts.  Mind you this is one I paid US90 and worse still the seller offers no guarantee on these.  :wounded1:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update and since you have just received it, keep us informed again in say a couple of months, just to make sure they have not just replaced the movement with another one of their recently assembled hit or miss movements.
Lets remember that although these suppliers are trusted dealers, they do not necessarily have to be watch smiths in the sense that they know what the internals of what they are selling have. Even more important, lets keep in mind that this hobby we follow isn't exactly supported by a perfectly legal business either because it is an infringement of intellectual and propriety rights to the true owners of the brand:cc_hang:  Which is why it is strongly recommended that you do not ever raise any unpleasant issues with paypal as a first line option

As for professionally watch makers they can also be a hit or a miss. Some are good and some are not so good, regardless of training or qualifications.  I personally knew one that could put square pegs into round holes and vice versa.  Lets say that he could see outside the square and improvise very much like a jazz pianist as opposed to a classically trained piano player that just performs what he reads in front of him.  Most qualified watchmakers are like classically trained pianists.  If you are lucky to have a jazz trained watchmaker which I believe can still be found, then you should take your replica watch to him and get a proper makeover like a complete service  Pay him what he asks as you will not regret it!!!!

The other option is if you are confident in removing the movement from it yourself and as Automatico mentioned, remove the hands and dial and send it off to have it completely serviced to someone that is willing to just service a movement.  A fiurther option you may choose if you are good at this part, is to buy a sterile dial from ebay and fit it onto it and take it into ANY reputable watch smith, then they will see it as just that and will service it for you without thinking twice about whether it is a knockoff, replica or a wart from a cl@#.
I have found some watchmakers that are great at their art, but also have small minds when it comes to replica watches.  As an experiment I took  into the same watchmaker my MBW submariner and he frowned at me in advising me to throw it into the rubbish bin after he opened it to find an eta movement in it.  When I returned home, I removed the dial and replaced it with a sterile raffles dial and asked my wife to go to the same watchmaker a few weeks later.  He gave her what I considered a reasonable quote for what was needed.  So you see it is all in the mind.  What is an image??? In our world of small minds -EVERYTHING!!!!!

I learnt to do a lot myself and can service my own watches but poor eye sight and a bad Carpel Tunnel operation has put the brakes on me.  As for etaclones,  Automatico again hits the nail on the head with one full blow!!!  With my experience, they are not worth the risk as for the price of one third more, you might as well get the real McCoy!!!!  I have had nothing but problems with their crappy keyless works with yokes breaking, flimsy set lever springs snapping when hooking onto the post, shot through reverser wheels and tin thin like parts.  Mind you this is one I paid US90 and worse still the seller offers no guarantee on these.  :wounded1:

Agreed, will update