When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul Newman 6239

azbank

I notice that black bezel is on slightly crooked. :cc_detective:

Call me a philanthropist, call me altruistic, I hereby volunteer, yes I will put myself out there and make this generous offer:

Send me the Newman and I will personally reinstall the bezel so it is *perfectly* aligned.

I don't mean it's close to aligned, I mean it will be so absolutely perfectly straight that NASA will be calling you for timing exercises.

It will be so perfectly straight that Mormons and Southern Baptists will name their marriage seminars after this watch.

CERN will call for computations relative to your 12:00 marker.

It will be so incredibly aligned that 70s hippie burnouts will call to see if the Moon is still aligned in the Seventh House.

Rumors persist that the UK Royal Observatory is considering redrawing the Prime Meridian across the dial of your Newman. No matter where it is. It will be that aligned.

It's the least I can do. I'll PM you my mailing address.

• Like 1

Thank you Nanuq! :))) for your offer, that would be as precise as it gets. :)  I just put the black one over the steel bezel for comparison. 

Frankly, the black bezel calls for screw pushers and a bigger crown. There is also a sort of elegance in keeping it as is with the steel bezel. what bugs me is that DW pushers stick out too much. SSTEEL tried to work his magic and replace the pushers but there was not enough thread to install them. 

2017-05-21_17-54-39.thumb.JPG.02f04cea4c9333a817daa226c0df0161.JPG

Installing the black bezel however, covers the pushers optically, another option is to replace the whole case, but go and try to find a decent case these days for a reasonable price! 

20866586108_ddf5d866da_k.thumb.jpg.496d999eeffd591980636e83b60006c0.jpg