When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionelle – A Pictorial Review

PlanetZoom

I bought this watch in 2015 or so.  It was before I discovered the rep forums.  I actually bought my first rep in the 1990s, so I wasn't new to reps.  But I knew next to nothing about them until I found the forums.  I still don't know that much, especially compared to some of the veterans around here, but at least it's a lot more than a few years ago.  

This came from some random site I found on the internet (it wasn't the gate).   The site is no longer in business.  Back then, I had no idea what a TD was .  If someone had asked me, I probably would have said "touchdown." 

So I got lucky that a watch actually showed up at my door.  

I got even luckier that it was the watch I ordered.

Where I didn't get so lucky is that the watch is just too damn big for me.  

According to my trusty calipers, it's about 45mm diameter, over 52mm lug to lug, and about 14.5mm thick.   My wrist is about 6.7."  Can I get away with a watch that big?  Yes.   But not this watch.   This is  a dress watch.  I like smaller dress watches.  I love the Patek 5227.  I have two of those.  If I'm going to wear a watch this big, it's going to be a something much sportier.  I have a Hublot rep that's about 45mm that I used to wear a lot.

Here are the stats that were listed on the site where I bought it:

Movement Quartz (Battery)

Case 18k rose-gold plated case

Back Polished stainless steel screwed down back with mechanics revealing window and Vacheron Constantin engravings

Bezel 18k rose-gold plated bezel

Crown Vacheron Constantin logo engraved 18k rose-gold plated cutwork crown

Bracelet Logo and Vacheron Constantin heat embossed brown crocodile leather strap with 18k rose-gold plated logo carved hook-buckle clasp

Band Type Crocodile Leather

Watch Clasp Buckle

Glass Sapphire Crystal

Color Brown

Dial Color White

Gender Men

Funny that they think they need to tell people what gender the watch is for.  

The price was $245.  I thought it was a good deal at the time since it was one of those rep sites that was selling "real Swiss" replicas for double to triple that price.  

It's a good looking watch.   But because of the size, I've never actually worn it except for a few wristies.  I'll probably sell it at some point.  

The strap looks good but it feels like a rep strap.   If I were going to wear it, I would at minimum get a Vic strap for it.

Edited by PlanetZoom