When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Andrea Leotta problem buyer

richard lawton

just check the shipped weight with the received weight, very easy as for international post, the parcel will be checked for weight when it enters another country. If the weight does not match, the watch has been taken out during shipping. File a claim about a repaired watch at the shippingcompany.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, capice said:

just check the shipped weight with the received weight, very easy as for international post, the parcel will be checked for weight when it enters another country. If the weight does not match, the watch has been taken out during shipping. File a claim about a repaired watch at the shippingcompany.

This ! The shipping company has the weight at every scan !

maybe one of the forummods or admin can chime in....the buyer does not know the weight I hope. This is normally on the receipt of the sender when shipped. It can be a nightmare, I agree....that is when I ship, I make a video of the box, watch ect. on a scale so that shows the weight which will also be on the receipt...The buyer has to prove the box was the same weight but empty and that will be difficult.

all's well that ends well. :)

10 hours ago, Audemarspiguet said:

I’m sorry to see that Italian name, what a shame.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Members of any country can scam and cheat, and when more members of a certain country get called out as a scammer, stereotyping typically happens. 

I know of trustworthy Italian members here, and I will prefer to exercise risk assessment over each individual based on personal acumen and feel, rather than the country they hail from. A real issue with shipping to some countries is the strict customs, and perhaps the infrastructure supporting the transport logistics. 

Scammers can potentially be from any country in this world, but let us not forget that majority of the community are people with good intentions, families, careers, lives, and a common interest in this hobby.

14 hours ago, richard lawton said:

Hi All,

He finally withdrew his claim, PayPal sorted out, no more issue.

payment made in my favor.

Thanks To everyone for your support and advise, much appreciated

It was the weight issue that was the winner.

Richard

As I said it, make a video of the shipment with watch visible on a scale, the weight will be on the shippingreceipt as well....the rest is slam dunk.....there are ways to even trick that but let's hope these scammers have not figured it oud yet...Congrats Richard, good to hear the  tip worked out.

Another scammer down....:1a: