When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SA3135 Auto Wind FAILURE

neils

Hello all,

I am starting to experience failure of the auto wind on these SA3135. In particular the "ratchet wheel driving wheel" part no. 510 (brass wheel with four holes)

The teeth on these wheels are being worn down, probably due to poor tolerances and engagement with the Reversing Wheels.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue.  Can we get/buy replacements (part 510) does anyone know?  I'm hoping to get some from my TD Joshua. Unfortunately the original part from Rolex does not fit, the pivots are larger on the original part and don't fit the jewel holes of the SA3135.

I do my own service work here at home and have 10 years experience as a watchmaker.

Part no510.JPG

SA3135 is a proper clone NOT just a decorated 2836.

I'm a reseller here in the UK have been for 15 years.  I have only been supplying the Rolex models with this particular breed of movement (SA3135) since Christmas 2017.  I estimate 20-30 of my customers now have this movement, I'm now seriously concerned as to the reliability of this area of the SA3135. I've had 3 fail with exactly the same issue. If I can't get any spare 510 wheels, I'm in trouble!  I've been servicing and repairing the A2836, A7750 and other movements for years and have many spare parts here.  I only hope Joshua can convince the MZ factory to start supplying a few spares. I'd be happy to pay good money for them!

There are off brand 510 wheels that work just fine. Many watch part supply stores sell the generic versions. Much more plentiful and cheaper than gen if you are just wanting to get the clones up and running again.

Check out esslinger (usa) or cousins (UK).

1 hour ago, neils said:

SA3135 is a proper clone NOT just a decorated 2836.

I'm a reseller here in the UK have been for 15 years.  I have only been supplying the Rolex models with this particular breed of movement (SA3135) since Christmas 2017.  I estimate 20-30 of my customers now have this movement, I'm now seriously concerned as to the reliability of this area of the SA3135. I've had 3 fail with exactly the same issue. If I can't get any spare 510 wheels, I'm in trouble!  I've been servicing and repairing the A2836, A7750 and other movements for years and have many spare parts here.  I only hope Joshua can convince the MZ factory to start supplying a few spares. I'd be happy to pay good money for them!

Ah, now I know who you are🙂

PM incoming 

1 hour ago, Dawagner said:

There are off brand 510 wheels that work just fine. Many watch part supply stores sell the generic versions. Much more plentiful and cheaper than gen if you are just wanting to get the clones up and running again.

Check out esslinger (usa) or cousins (UK).

They don't fit the SA3135.   They may fit the SH3135 I'm led to believe but most of the watches I've had off Joshua are using the SA3135.  I have genuine and generic 510 wheels from different suppliers including cousins.  They do not fit.

No this has been discussed before, the SH is a clone apart from the escapement the SA is just similar but with no interchangeable parts other than hands and dial. Then there is the S3135which is an ETA clone in fancy dress. I wish the makers/Dealers would use less confusing names