When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best 1675 builder?

Xxporkxsodaxx

Who’s the best person to request a high quality 1675/16750 build? It doesn’t necessarily have to be a Franken, so casework for the CGs is acceptable if not encouraged. I’m historically a sub guy, but the Pepsi with the jubilee bracelet just speaks to me haha. What are some other tips to help a sub guy get used to the GMT, too? Anything I want to be mindful of to make sure there are no dead-giveaways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the problems encountered when using cartel cases is most are made for 6.0mm crowns and a genuine spec 5.3mm crown looks a bit small between the crown guards.  If you go with a 6.0mm crown I doubt anyone would notice except maybe a watchnut. 

If I wanted a '1675' and did not want to go with a China 21 jewel movement (DG3804B etc), I would use a swiss eta 2846 with a Chinese non adjustable 24 hour conversion.

If I wanted a '16750', I would use a swiss eta 2836 with a Chinese non-adj 24 hour conversion. 

The 1675 and 16750 use the same crystal, bezel, bez insert etc and both have non-adj 24H hands.

Using fast beat movements in vintage replicas takes away from the 'realism' imho.  Very few will notice this though

The earlier swiss eta 2836 GMT conversions had a non adjustable 24 hour hand and were very reliable.  You can find an etaclone 2836 with the non adjustable 24 hour hand on eBay now and then to get the conversion. 

Swap out the 24 hour parts and use the swiss 2836 parts left over to put the etaclone back together and sell it or use it in something else.

Some of the 24 hour eta conversions with adjustable 24 hour hands can cause problems.

I have a '1675' with a swiss eta 2836 and Chinese 24 hour conversion from 12 or 15 years ago.  It is a 'three striker'.  Most of them were. 

Strike one...Fast beat.

Strike two...Wrong dial.

Strike three...Wrong crown.

Youuu're Out!  :blink:

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2018 at 7:56 PM, JoeyB said:

RolexAddict has been building 1675s for a long time, and is in my opinion, the best at it. He is located in France. I built mine using his tutorial, and like my 6542m used the ETA2846 slow beat with the Chinese GMT conversion parts.  

how can find rolex addict?