When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner build help

Mattjames84

So this is what iv got to start with, first I was wondering if someone could tell me what ref case I have its 40mm not including the crown, and 47mm lug to lug with 19mm strap. The bezel I have for it pushes on, I think it's missing the click spring of some sort because all it does is turn and no click. Also the movement iv got is an eta 2834 that runs pretty good for now. 

20180614_124013.jpg

20180614_160448.jpg

20180614_123222.jpg

20180614_123147.jpg

I'm sure I know much! LOL. But the whole chunky guards with the paperclip retaining wire is throwing me...? Bi-directional 11610? That little indent doesn't look deep enough for a spring and ball. Can't see a hole for any other click. Just seems "off" somehow...probably just not what I'm used to working with.

B

• Like 1

Guys, it's a cheap CN case- relatively old, around the turn of the century, maybe 2005 or before. The movement is older also- is it a 2834-1? The outside ring of the 2834 has been removed. See how the bezel  with the 8 sided paper clip wire snaps over the lip of the rehaut- old style rep design (which actually dates back to the earlier Rolex design for early subs). The 19 mm lugs is a new twist since subs have always been 20mm to the best of my knowledge. And look at the inside rehaut- WOK! Scrap the case, but the movement can be serviced and is fine to use.

Building a GMT eta movement requires another gear/wheel. Just find a GMT you like (with an eta clone movt) and buy that. I have no idea where you'd find the gear/wheel- a lot of times it's a Chinese part added on. Or you could look into a dg3804 which is the CN GMT movt.