When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My snide Seamaster has died :(

McPikie

I bought this over a year ago and was switching between this and my U-boat rep, having not worn it for a month or so, I came to put it on but it doesn't seem to want to restart, despite some swinging left to right etc.

It's automatic movement, but I couldn't tell you what type, probably some crappy chinese stuff. Are these prone to simply stopping, or do we think something has come lose? I don't want to get my [censored] felt by a local repair shop if it's something I could possibly sort myself.

If it is the movement, is this something that can be swapped out for a replacement, or better, for fairly cheap?

Thanks in advance guys, and please be gentle, I am a proper noob when it comes to this stuff

42092324734_3fb25f218e_c.jpg2018-06-15_08-08-13 by Phil Cookson, on Flickr

41909159205_34d6b7c54a_c.jpg2018-06-15_08-15-36 by Phil Cookson, on Flickr

28936422218_03a50eb648_c.jpg2018-06-15_08-16-03 by Phil Cookson, on Flickr

41909166195_b06c719b6e_c.jpg2018-06-15_08-16-11 by Phil Cookson, on Flickr

Just now, Sogeha said:

I’m guessing you didn’t pay a lot for it, you might be better treating it as an fun while it lasted. If you like the style get a good version that would be more worthwhile to keep serviced and repair if necessary 

I paid less than £40 for it, which is why I didnt really want to spend much on it to repair it. 

If I was going to replace it, I really like the look of this one from Trusty

http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=16394

32 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

Yeah, a service will cost you about that, not worth it. If you are happy with quartz and the fake sub dial, go for it

Yeah, I never use the chrono stuff anyways, but I do like the extra dials. Something about a plane faces watch I can't get to grips with. I think I might just go for it and skip this piece if junk.