When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Richard Mille

Arthur1

Okay all, I know some will pour scorn on this but school me on Richard Mille reps.

I have been drawn to the wacky designs recently and without $100ks to drop I would need to enlist Far East’s finest to scratch the itch.

Like the sport models like the Nadal and Wayde models with the funky elastic straps or the RM021 from Wei Koh’s Talking Watches for a more understated(!) look. The reps I have seen are top rep dollar but would be great to hear some real life experience.

Searches for billionaires! Discuss, inspire - but please no hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a vintage Rolex and omega guy, but hell, they are just sodding watches. I,can hate for much better reasons. I know nothing about RM watches real or rep and they don’t much appeal to me. Some of the long time and respected guys are obsessed by them. 

@astonjenks can you help brother?

Swatches for billionaires 🤣🤣🤣

I think that there is nothing wrong with liking RMs. 

As a brand, of course they have their own following, and I shall not comment on the brand culture or the profile of people who wear them as that wasn't really your question.

The reps are actually decent, the main tell is that the case is about 2mm too thick to accommodate the A7750 movement. Having a skeletonized dial actually helps to obfuscate the dial details, and makes the rep look decent as scrutinizing the dial details and comparing them to gen become kind of difficult in real life for certain models. 

The case thickness can be addressed by careful machining in theory, though I have not really done yet. 

Pick a model you like and wear it like a swatch. Ultimately, you need to please yourself and the rest doesn't really matter right? 

• Like 2

Cheers Legend, took the previous posters advice and tried RWI where RM gets slightly more love.

Good advice though on accuracy and how to wear. Will dip my toe soon and wear it Swatch-like. Sometimes we are all a sucker for a sportsman tie in. At least we can see the gens being worn in the field!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

all about personal taste,  RG and RWI house a lot of RMlovers....I think they are stunning designs but I would not put it on my wrist....Hell, I said that same thing 10 years ago about Rolex, I got a strange sensation few months ago and now own about 12...😉