When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A couple good '1016' project threads...

automatico

M, you can upload pics to the forum relatively painlessly.  Also check with whoever you have your internet service through as often your account will have some web space included.

I just got in some more "raw" cases and will start machining tomorrow.  This may be my last batch as I really would like to retire, but I've said that before... :crazy:

M, you can upload pics to the forum relatively painlessly.  Also check with whoever you have your internet service through as often your account will have some web space included.

I just got in some more "raw" cases and will start machining tomorrow.  This may be my last batch as I really would like to retire, but I've said that before... :crazy:

Count me in for one of those cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Lo' said:

Hey there M. Nice to see you in here. #3 looks nice and solid. Would you care to let us have a breakdown of that build?

14 hours ago, lhooq said:

the one that used a Datejust 16203 case, genuine dial, and Tudor Sub hands

Err…. yeah! Attention span's not what it used to be anymore… sorry….

On 8/6/2018 at 7:53 PM, lhooq said:

Huh, the drag'n' drop actually works.  Well, here are the shots of Build #3, now in a jmb case.  Plus a special guest for comparative purposes...

zxIMG_5810_cr.jpg

zxIMG_5832_cr.jpg

Where did you get the bracelets? I may sell my Explorer build, but if not, I want to put a steel bracelet on it.

2 hours ago, Mike_G said:

Thanks for the reply. It’s been awhile since I’ve been active can you elaborate on “Mary’s 7836”

I think she goes by Mary Watch now, but used to be Watch International. She is a TD here. Many of us have bought her 7836 for 1016's. For the money it's hard to beat.

I coupled it with 580 endlinks from WSO on my 1016, but I used a gen 16014 case. Not sure if they are the best for a JMB, although I'm sure someone here will know.

I finally got around to building me one a couple weeks ago.  I sold my Explorer several years ago intending to build another and kept running out of cases before I built me one.  This time I built me one first!  Guess it's been 5 years or so since I had one...

• Like 1

I finally got around to building me one a couple weeks ago.  I sold my Explorer several years ago intending to build another and kept running out of cases before I built me one.  This time I built me one first!  Guess it's been 5 years or so since I had one...

Pics or it didn’t happen!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I wondered who would be the first with that jab! :p

Less than a month and already have a big gouge on the crystal.  I'm very hard on watches...

No close-ups because y'all will make fun of my lume job.

Wrist 1.jpg

I wondered who would be the first with that jab! :p

Less than a month and already have a big gouge on the crystal.  I'm very hard on watches...

No close-ups because y'all will make fun of my lume job.
1208511516_Wrist1.jpg.c086dd00da1f07b3f8c10dbfa18040bc.jpg

That’s a great build you’ve got there J.
Lume doesn’t look half bad judging from the pics. I wish I had your knowledge and skills... speaking of which I still remember when I tried to swap hands on my BD 1016 ... what a massacre!!

Lo, thanks, Bro.  Yeah, hands can be tricky especially without proper hand-pressers.

I wouldn’t be able to do a decent job even with the proper tools. Once I tried doing something as simple as fixing a badly glued insert on a rep 6538... ended up messing the whole build and broke both the crystal and the insert. Now it sits in a little box hopefully waiting to be rebuilt... if I will ever be able to source a new crystal and compatible insert that is. 🤣

And since I’m here, a quick update on my new build: I have been sending all the parts to SSteel which received it yesterday. I’m waiting for him to start working his magic on that and turn the ugly duckling into a beautiful swan...

Crystals and stuff are one of the reasons I hate messing with newer stuff.  Just vintage and plexi for me!

You’re right J. Wrong word! Plexi, not crystal...