When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 Ruby’s Watch Dial Relume

hanski

For 1675 GMT project I’m currently working on I ordered a dial from Ruby’s Watch. It is a thing of beauty, head and shoulders above the default dials on a Cartel. The lume is tight and crisp...

dwPA1wp.jpg

Buuut unfortunately it doesn’t glow. While it might not be period correct, I really want my lume to glow when I’m using the watch. 

So off came that lume and on went my lume. While it’s not as perfect as what was delivered to me, I’m pleased with the slight pillowing, color, and consistency - most especially that it glows. 

I’ll say, on this dial the binder reacted to the dial marker paint - wanted to melt it right off. Made reluming a bit more difficult. 

Anyways, here’s some pics of my results. 

Thanks for looking! 

V9HSowk.jpg

zTJEInq.jpg

jqAhmWb.jpg

Xbhgb3l.jpg

• Like 2

Nice job! What case & movt are you using for your 1675?

It's disappointing that there aren't very many options for nice 4 digit builds out there. You really gotta reshape cases most of the time, even with some of the more expensive ones.

I'm working on a budget project - Cartel 1675 case, DG3804b movement, Raffles-Time hand set, Clarks crystal and bezel assembly, Essingler spring bars, and obviously a Ruby's Watch dial. Still hunting for a flat case back. 

I'm debating how much casework I'll do outside of a light aging. I might just enjoy it as a close-enough homage until I upgrade. 

In the future, I'd love to upgrade to Vietnam case and bezel assembly along with swapping in an ETA 2893. But my budget requires I stop here for now.