When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 Clark's Bezel Assembly Issue

hanski

I recently noticed in another post that there might be issues with the complete bezel assemblies purchased off eBay from Clark's or WSO.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...mt-master-1675

Original post:

"The watch has WSO bezel assembly and insert ($70). There is also a clarks spec crystal as well which makes the crystal as tall per the gen and makes the cyclops magnification gen like. I purchased this from a member who got it from Toro. The reason i'm selling this for a little cheaper than usual, is that the bezel will not turn with the metal washer installed for some reason. If you take the metal washer out of the bezel however, then it will turn freely. I do not mind having the bezel fixed as I usually don't turn it anyways, however you are free to do what you like with it. I have no idea whats wrong it and have no tried to fix it. "

I had a similar issue with a bezel assembly purchased from Clark's on eBay. Without the spring, it would loosely spin. With the spring, it wouldn't budge. It could be that there is an issue with the spring thickness or the space between the retaining ring and bezel but I solved the issue by milling away fractional amounts of the retaining ring to allow the bezel to float up and down more. 

So, the bezel on these non-click variation works through friction. The bezel snaps into the retaining ring with a miniature chamfer at the bottom edge (look under a loupe to see it). The spring between these two elements pushes them away from one another, creating friction along the chamfered edge. If the chamfer is too small, no amount of pushing them closer will release the friction. 

To solve this, I milled more chamfer in to the retaining ring. I set up a jig to maintain a 45 degree angle to a metal grinding wheel, observed under a loupe, and very gently took away fractions of millimeters of material. I tested it repeatedly as I went to get the level of movement I wanted. 

I'm putting this out there as both a possible solution and for critique from more advanced modder's. 

Thanks for looking. 

3O8JPOz.jpg

• Like 1

Mine also was tough to spin. I thought that it may be the inside diameter of the spring ring so I sanded it slightly to increase diameter. It helped. I find that you have to push down both down on the bezel and down from 12 to 6 to flex the spring to be able to spin it. I’ve read somewhere that is how the gen is. Since I have been swapping inserts lately. It seems to have loosened up some and is earlier to spin when pushed down.

Your idea looks more thought out than my attempt. Glad it worked for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk